Emotive issues.

chrischance

Phobia: from the Greek word meaning Fear.
-phobic: having or showing extreme or abnormal fear of: from Oxford English dictionary.
Some of my writing has recently been commented on as being homophobic. (Not here).

The corned-beef inspector who frightens me has yet to be born.

homophobic is also used to mean "anti-gay" these days.

I've never read any of your work so i can't really comment.

Corned beef is definitely an acquired taste.......And other than that, I'm at a loss along with TOG.

I still don't get how the term, fear of man, "homophobia" became a description of being anti gay.

When I was little, gay meant happy, and thongs were something you wore on your feet........

Yes.....Annnnnnnnnnd your point would beeeeeeeeee............? :mrgreen:

I was like......3 or 4 when MTV went on the air.......I'm so old!!!!! :crybaby:

I always thought people who were truly "homophobes" afraid of gays, actual fear not just hatred, were insecure in their sexuality. Do they really think they can be turned gay by exposure? If so, they're probably already bisexuals repressing themselves.

Also, I hate MTV and everything it stands for.

Larry Grayson, the popular camp comic of the 50's and 60's, used to introduce his show with, 'What a gay day!' A bit before your time Del Boy.
Liberace used the expression as well, so the 'gay' icons were responsible for changing the meaning of the word. I think they both succumbed to aids, which brings me to my next point: Years ago, many people feared aids because of their misunderstanding of it. To many people it was a dreaded pox they thought they could catch by touch or breathing the same air. Also, years ago, aids was the exclusive disease of the queer. And when it first appeared, the hue and cry was taken up by the media and trumpeted around the world big time... but they didn't know then its limitations.
Anyway, that's by the by. Homophobia is fast becoming a word with which to beat straight people over the head with. Homophobes are in the wrong and homosexuals have rights. (The new fudge-packers charter).
I am not a religeous man but I don't like to argue with the Bible and contradict Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.
I am a life member of SPONGE: Society for the Prevention Of Nonces Getting Everything.
Lol.

They should have all the same rights... but it simply doesn't fit the definition of marriage. They should come up with a new, fantabulous word for gay unions.

They should have all the same rights... but it simply doesn't fit the definition of marriage. They should come up with a new, fantabulous word for gay unions.
I'm sick of this PC. How about the truth,.. a pair of dirty queers that live together.

I defy anyone to show me that they are not "queer" or partake of a "dirty" habit. So don't get your knickers in a twist.

Back