The emerging axis of democracy

sandy

TOKYO - In a move very likely to alarm China, Japan and Australia have signed a historic joint security declaration calling for closer cooperation on terrorism, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, disaster relief, and peacekeeping.

This is Japan's second bilateral security deal, the other being the Japan-US Security Treaty dating back about half a century. The Japan-Australia pact is seen by many observers as underscoring a looming US-Australia-Japan axis of democracy, primarily aimed  at keeping in check China, a rapidly ascending military as well as economic power in the Asia-Pacific region.

Despite strong domestic criticism, both Tokyo and Canberra have strongly supported the US-led war in Iraq by dispatching troops there. The Japan-Australia security pact is seen by some as being partly aimed at diluting the widespread public impression in both countries that their leaders focus too much on their alliance with the US.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/IC15Dh01.html

From Asia times・・・
I know,Free speech in honkong was dead.
And I'm reading propaganda of china.
So should I call "Greater china" as they write?
I'm disappointing china thesedays.
Six years ago I thought,china was becoming rich and will to be democratic nation was necessity.

But they are taught maoism and think that doing whatever for china is allowed.
I sometimes strongly feel, you shouldn't make a mistake getting involved with them.
If you get involved with them without deep thinking,you will be sick and injured.
Now,I don't hope china anything great.
Now I hope china only one thing,no spitting during Beijing olympic.

For a second there I thought is said joint Chine-Japan-Australia joint security declaration.

Then I realized that I miss read it.

Sucks to be Red China, the rest of the world is getting ready for them. Good to see that Japan and Australia are becoming fast friends.

I would like to see Japan become a full military powerhouse. They have strong warrior traditions and with the proper training by its allies could become a serious military player. There are far to many blockades to stop them from becoming the old WW2 Japan, their public being the biggest one.

The US needs strong allies right now and Japan could help fill that void.

Last edited:
Back