"Elusive sniper saps US morale in Baghdad "..!!

I want to believe the idea he is a hired gun. Mostly becuase the iraqi troops are out to die and take as many US soldiers with them... or at least that is what i have heard, and in that case y wouldnt he be taking 2 shots at least instead of one and run? He obviously knows what he is doing, and the idea that he may just be a highly trained Iraqi is definatly not out of the question!

Why is it so hard to believe that this could be an Iraqi? There are enemy soldiers who respect Geneva convention laws and are well trained marksmen.
I don't understand why it's so hard to accept that not only Allied forces have good snipers?

no offence meant but i really doubt that the insurgents out there show the slightest respect for the geneva convention. i really really doubt that...

There is no reason why this guy couldnt be iraqi if hes not shooting women and children, remember they are the same nationality as him. It may be as simple as because they are women and children and he has a concious he doesnt shoot them! If say the US was invaded and you were a sniper would you be shooting women and children or just the enemy...?

Well if you think about it would you be shooting kids and civilians if they were helping and applauding the "enemy" that invaded us? I am not saying that anyone would, but it kind of makes you think....just a wee bit. :?

I dont know even if i were a trained sniper if i could shoot a 10 yr kid who was the enemy. But if I were ordered then i probably would have no choice. :|

maybe we all will just have to wait and see what he is, you should include a poll hired gun or iragi to see what the majority thinks, seems to be hired gun

I definitely agree that this is a hired gun.

If he was an insurgent then he would have shot civilians in order to spread panic like so many before him,but this guy only targets soldiers.

Iraqi or foreigner,it doesn't matter.What matter is that he's good and it will be a tough duel should the Army send a countersniper after him.

But I wonder,what the ranking were for the soldiers he killed.If he truly is the professional I think he is,then he would have gone for the highest ranking officer in the squad or group first,that's always been one of the major laws when it comes to sniping,always shoot the highest ranking soldier.

Hmm, I can wait for the day he gets shot or caught. But all we can do is sit back and let the Coalition snipers take him out.

Do you agree you lot?

personally, i would really like the weapon that takes him out to be a .50 cal Barrett M107. don't know about you guys though...!

lol na seriously I would prefer the m24 to take him out lol thats gotta leave a mark on that face of his lol.....

Back