Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux/Unix

• Other (Details Please)

• Total voters

82ndMechanic

Okay,

So this isn't about arguing the semantics of using a Mac vs. a Windows - or if it is, you better not tell me about it.

I'm a lifetime Windows user - until I started using a Mac. I don't play games on my computer - so thats not an issue. And all the software I want/need I can find Mac versions.

Everything just runs so smoothly together on a Mac. I've never ever had a problem relating to the OS.

Just wondering who else is a user/abuser... lol

mmm the old mac/windows fight, I'm a windows girl. I mostly used my laptop for downloading music or doing uni work ,and I personally find windows better. Like they came up with the ipod which has took over the world! And they are a piece of crap, your battery lasts for 18 months and then its done. I have to have loads of engineering programs on my laptop as well, like matlab etc and I think windows handles better. Those mac apple laptops were the biggest waste of money.
I can see how some people prefer mac though, a lot less crashing , more secure and all. But i have yet to have a problem with windows so until then i wont be converted! :)

I use both. Actually, I sometimes use one of my son's Macs. He like them (Macs)for video editing. He has a G4 and a G5. My own are windows XP these days and at work I use a Unix workstation. They each have their own pluses and minuses, I suppose. I do like the idea of a little more security with the Macs (less hackers).

I use both as well. My experience with computers pre-dates even DOS as I go all the way back to the punchcard days. In all that time I've found the Mac to be the most elegant, the most intuitive operating system there is. As, DTop says though, it does have minuses as well as the pluses like everything else. I just feel that if I had to pick one platform, the Mac's pluses outweigh any others.

All things change in time. Who would've thought that the Mac OS would ever run on Intel boxes? But a developer release already does so and a release for the general public is due in June of 2006.

Charge 7 said:
All things change in time. Who would've thought that the Mac OS would ever run on Intel boxes? But a developer release already does so and a release for the general public is due in June of 2006.

I wish I could have Linux. I am fed up with Windows.

My first computer was a Commodore SX-64. It had 64KB of memory. That's right 64 KB! But where is Commodore today? I wrote a lot of programs in Commodore Basic which I later converted to work on IBM Compatible PCs. I am reluctantly a windows user and a Microsoft hater. You notice I did not Capitalize windows because Microsoft stole the whole GUI (Graphical User Interface) idea from Apple.

I've had the same crappy, waste-of-money iBook for going on 4 years without any upgrades except for the free software upgrades I get, and a free system board replacement that was out of warranty but recognized by Apple as a known-defect and replaced for free. I also have an iMac my kids use and another in our bedroom my wife uses for email/Internet. Both of those were picked up cheap (under $500). Additionally, I have virtual PC on my iBook, and I run a number of Windows programs in that environment. I work with/repair both Windows and Mac computers, and have seen hardware/OS issues with both. The bottom line for me is that I can everything Mac or Windows on my iBook, and I simply can't run a number of programs I like on Windows alone. Plus, I've never paid for virus protection on my Macs and never had any problem with any viruses--period.

Back