Who else...

ObjSRgtLw

has guard-duty on Jan the 1st?
I have the honor of protecting my country on the 1st of january 0700 pm. Only good thing is that i'm officer of the guard- so its my rules ^^
Who else is lucky?
I just wonder if New Year's Eve is a date of interest to terrorist... well in any case it's just the radical left wing a threat in hamburg.

Yes I have had the honor of standing guard for Christmas, New Years and pretty much everything else while I was still on active duty. Once I go back in on Jan 15th, unless I get canned for some mysterious reason, I should be doing plenty of it yet again. I won't be the officer on guard so... I guess not my rules when it does come along. Unless it's some 2nd Lieutenant.

@Infidel: sry only coming duties count ^^
@Red: what does that mean "some 2nd Lt"? :horsie: show some respect to superior officers.

Especially Air Force 2nd Lieutenants :firedevi::firedevi::firedevi:

Obviously I'm not a complete prick to good officers in real life... but I've seen good 2nd LTs who were treated too nicely by their people let it get to their heads and eventually piss all of us off with their immaturity and arrogance. There's a reason for everything.

Last edited:
And the same applies to us.

I don't know how the NCO/Enlisted Corps is made in Germany but if it's something like ours you'll see what I mean. Ask Sherman for that matter. Obviously 2nd LTs like DHC won't be treated in that manner (by those of us who have a brain) because he's been an E-6 before.

Last edited:
Haven't worked on New Year's yet, but I did stand the watch on Christmases 2005 and 2006. And hell yes, deployments should count -- would you rather be standing a watch on a holiday or deployed?

2LT is like the lowest officer.. lol a little boy like me can become one very easily.. 4.5 months to go for me.. lol and im 19.. yay for MJC.. lol

2LT is like the lowest officer.. lol a little boy like me can become one very easily.. 4.5 months to go for me.. lol and im 19.. yay for MJC.. lol
How's that possible even without my time as regular private i would have been 2nd lt with 20...

Short of officers in the Army I suppose.
It's a bit frustrating. If I was a US citizen I could be an officer pretty much no sweat (as in I can attain 2nd Lieutenant) but as a South Korean citizen it's not a realistic option to persue.

TI got me interested into the program. he is an alumni of my school. its a great school but its declining in my opinion because of the lack of interest the cadets give in.. and also the increase in the amount of athletes who were lied to so they would go to NMMI.. they have to do the cadet crap but they were told they didnt have to.. recruting people who doesnt wanna be there = school declining.. -.,- lol.. and ROTC program got smaller.. i heard it commissioned 50 cadets minimum before and now we have 20 ms4.. lol

TI got me interested into the program. he is an alumni of my school. its a great school but its declining in my opinion because of the lack of interest the cadets give in.. and also the increase in the amount of athletes who were lied to so they would go to NMMI.. they have to do the cadet crap but they were told they didnt have to.. recruting people who doesnt wanna be there = school declining.. -.,- lol.. and ROTC program got smaller.. i heard it commissioned 50 cadets minimum before and now we have 20 ms4.. lol
don't understand a word... sorry

Back