Elections are coming.

SHERMAN

Elections in Israel are 4 days away and I still dont know who to vote for. Im facing a situation where I know who Idont want to be Prime Minister but I dont much like the other options either.

Well I am leaning toward Labor.

Israel really has to try and make peace with its neighbors and in particular solve the Palestinean issue once and for all.

They came very close with Ehud Barak, and would have succeeded if it weren't for Arafat. But Arafat is dead now, and I think the new head of Fatah is more willing to make a deal. Isreal has to keep trying the diplomatic angle, because force of arms will not work by itself. All it does is encourage Hamas. Remember the LAST thing Hamas wants is a peace treaty.

I am sorry to say Likud is totally under the control of extremists (many of which are in Brooklyn, NY) and really are not that interested in peace as long as they are under the US umbrella. These hawks will simply continue the status quo tit-for-tat between the IDF and Hamas. Sooner or later thats going to end badly for Isreal as there only only 2 million Isrealis and 300 Million Arabs.

Labour is not going to win, which is the main problem. Labour stands no chance of being the rulling party. The choice is between Likud(conservative right, sort of) and Kadima(current rulling party, party line depends on the leader, right now i would say they are moderate left). The Labour(moderate left) is probably going to be the fourth largest party, because there is Israel-Beytenu(radical right wing) which is gaining a huge ammount of voters.

My views are closest to Labour, but I have two concernes:
1)I dont want Kadima in power, they have been screwing things up for a while now. The party has no reason to exist in my view, as its made of people who are basically Likud or Labour refugees. The party was started by Ariel Sharon, and its soul purpose was to free him of the Likud convention so that he can run the country. Since he has become a vegetable, I cnat see the point of having this party.
2)I definetly dont want to see Israel-Beytenu in any imoprtant position, I dont want them to be in the governemnt, or in the coalition. Their party line is dangeros.

Labour is not going to win, which is the main problem. Labour stands no chance of being the rulling party. The choice is between Likud(conservative right, sort of) and Kadima(current rulling party, party line depends on the leader, right now i would say they are moderate left). The Labour(moderate left) is probably going to be the fourth largest party, because there is Israel-Beytenu(radical right wing) which is gaining a huge ammount of voters.

My views are closest to Labour, but I have two concernes:
1)I dont want Kadima in power, they have been screwing things up for a while now. The party has no reason to exist in my view, as its made of people who are basically Likud or Labour refugees. The party was started by Ariel Sharon, and its soul purpose was to free him of the Likud convention so that he can run the country. Since he has become a vegetable, I cnat see the point of having this party.
2)I definetly dont want to see Israel-Beytenu in any imoprtant position, I dont want them to be in the governemnt, or in the coalition. Their party line is dangeros.

What a terrible choice, my sympathy. I would say Kadima then because I them to be the lesser of three evils, although I sincerely hope they pick a new PM as Olmert has been a disgrace: ineffective and probably corrupt to boot.

i can say for sure who i won't vote:
kadima (i voted for them on the last elections): corruption , giving Amir peretz the ministry of defense
labor: look at ehud :) ye i know its weak argument

labor: look at ehud

LOL, I wouldent say looking at him whe the option is Livni or Bibi makes him look bad. Let me remind you that last time bibi was done with the country people said if comes back to power they will leave...

CNN is reporting that Likud is winning but that their lead is slipping. Basically its too close to call.

Back