ELECTION PROGRESS

Barack is predicted to win Ohio... Interesting stat, no Republican has ever been elected when losing the state of Ohio.

The first African-American President in US History.

The world just became a better place.

How do you come to that conclusion?

You could perhaps argue that the USA will become a better place although that would depend on your perspective and party affiliations but the world already has female leaders and coloured leaders it is nothing new outside the USA.

Funny how a 51-49 popular victory in 2004 is a sign of Bush's failures to unify the country (The Democratic line in '04 being "51% is NOT a mandate!") and a 51-49 victory in 2008 is a sign of overwhelming public support.

True. South Korea came pretty close to having a female president this time around. Real close. And it was a surprise defeat too.

You're right, he could still get 52 or even 53% of the vote, gasp!

And whose the idiot that decided North Dakota was a battleground state? Lord knows a state filled with racists and rednecks is going to choose this election to end its 44 year long streak of voting red.

I have no problem with whoever is elected as president. I cast my vote and now let the chips fall where they may. I don't care what color he is. I do care about what kind of a job he'll do during his term. I care about what he's going to do for America and for the American people.

Plenty of "sour grapes" on IMF at the moment.

I think some people should think about getting behind and supporting their new President-elect.

This is a great day for America. I congratulate the American people on their choice. Well done.

He's not President yet, still has a couple months and there are plenty of nut jobs with a grudge against him out there. And why wouldn't there be sour grapes here? What department do you think Obama is going to gut to pay for his social programs? I've got a reconstructed ACL in my left knee and barely received a waiver as is, any downsizing of the military and I'm S-K-R-U-D screwed.

Good luck from me.
I hope Obama can do the job he has promised to do. Its a big step forward for the USA.
I also hope some nutjob doesn't knock him off.

Well, America and the world will be stuck with him for the next 4 years after Bush so all I can say is good luck and don't forget whose side you're on.

Back