ELECTION PROGRESS

It's scary 2 think, obama will back the Arabs, meaning Iran, and possibly break alliance w/ Israel....maybe this is the begining of the end. Scary.

Except for the part where he's a lapsed Muslim, in the eyes of many, and that's far worse in the Islamic world than being a lapsed Christian in the West.

It's scary 2 think, obama will back the Arabs, meaning Iran, and possibly break alliance w/ Israel....maybe this is the begining of the end. Scary.

Your Geography is abit off. Iran is not an Arab country, they are Persians not Arabs. Their culture is totally different, not to mention the fact the the Iranians hate the Arabs much more than they hate the Isrealis. And I would like to know why you think he would break a treaty with Isreal as he has said precisely the opposite. Mind you, breaking our bonds with Isreal isnt necessary a bad thing, has our friendship with Isreal has caused us nothing but headaches.

I just dont think anyone can compare to Bush in Scareness, I dont think that level exists.

I just dont think anyone can compare to Bush in Scareness, I dont think that level exists.

You must have a very limited imagination.
People use scare tactics all the time. Environmentalists are notorious for using scare tactics. You're just not aware of it.

You must have a very limited imagination.
People use scare tactics all the time. Environmentalists are notorious for using scare tactics. You're just not aware of it.

That wasn't the question, Sky2979 was referring to Obama being Scary as a President, not the Tactics he used.

And your wrong in any event, I dont think we have ever lived in a greater climate of fear than the one created by Bush, at least not in my lifetime. At least with the global warming issue there is good reason to be scared. There is a far greater reason to be worried about the polar icecaps melting and causing catastrophic damage to the planet, then a small group of religous crazies hiding in their cave as suggested by the current administration.

Last edited:
Far greater than the ever present threat of nuclear war instantly killing a majority of the world's population and radically changing our planet's ecosystem over night? Granted I wasn't alive during Reagan's Presidency, but I've been told that he really scared the hell out of people with his evil empire rhetoric, for what it's worth I think the threat of nuclear war to be far scarier than global warming or climate change. But then again maybe that's why the baby boomers ran the country's financial system into the ground and kept borrowing more and more money, they probably thought the world would end before they had to pay it back anyways.

BTW could someone tell me why hardly anyone votes Republican in Washington DC?

It's full of poor black people, in a nut shell. Only 1/3rd the population of Washington itself is white. Most of the white folks live in the suburbs and commute to work in the city.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I stayed there a night when my adjoining flight was late but never really got the chance to see it!

ok, let me get things straight...the bible speaks of all nations turning their backs on Israel, and that's exactly what MIGHT happend...true Israel has many issues, as it has many enemies, but the truth is the treaty we have with Israel, can be dissolved..if that happends, the end will surely come..at least thats what the bible states..still it's scary.

ok, let me get things straight...the bible speaks of all nations turning their backs on Israel, and that's exactly what MIGHT happend...true Israel has many issues, as it has many enemies, but the truth is the treaty we have with Israel, can be dissolved..if that happends, the end will surely come..at least thats what the bible states..still it's scary.
Israel didn't even exist for over 1000 years, and "the end" as you call it didn't come then.

I'm afraid that the Bible is no more than a very old and many times reinterpreted book written by men (not God), and has no bearing whatsoever in fact, past present or future.

Israel is on a very rocky road, and so long as they have to have to rely on their military might to keep the "relative" peace, they will never be really secure. In the recent past and at present, they are just digging their hole deeper and deeper, unless they start pulling back and negotiating honestly and openly with their neighbours, this hole may well, militarily and economically bury them. Their nuclear arsenal will be of little use against an enemy who,

(1) Doesn't care about dying, and
(2) Lives close enough, that to use them would make Israel and much of the middle east untenable for the next several hundred years.

It seems remarkable to me that many who complain of illegal immigration are often the same people as those who support Israel and the Jewish Free state. Is this not the height of hypocrisy? Unless there is any truth in the fairy stories that is.

No not quite since there wasn't so much of a real country in Palestine at the time. Heck there wasn't even a Palestinian nationality at that point. They were simply Arabs who lived in Palestine. The nationality grew out of their struggles with the Jewish immigrants. I can't see how that could count for illegal immigration.

One can argue that, from a democratic stand point, Arabs in Israel, despite being second-class citizens, have more rights than in any other country in the Middle East.

Back