Election 2008. What if its Hillary Clinton vs Condi Rice?? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Who Gets Your Vote
Hillary Clinton 10 27.78%
Condoleezza Rice 16 44.44%
I'll vote for almost anyone as long as its not one of those two ladies. 7 19.44%
I just wouldn't vote at all then. 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Particularly if she's doing it "for the party".
That was George W Bush's stated reason for running in 2000. That is pretty well guaranteed to be Hillary Clinton's reason for running in 2008. Either one waited or will wait for their party to more or less say, "Please save us!!"

If she doesn't run, I don't know who the Republican Party is going to come up with to have any chance of winning against Hillary, if she already has that much support.
April 2nd, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:
If she doesn't run, I don't know who the Republican Party is going to come up with to have any chance of winning against Hillary, if she already has that much support.
My point exactly. Women are a huge untapped portion of the electorate. In fact, they are the majority of the electorate as there are more women than men. Not just the fact that they live longer than men but men are more likely to do the things that get them killed as well. I think the figure is that there's something like 3% more women than men in America but the figure may be higher. Hillary does indeed have a huge groundswell among Democrats and having her run can best be countered with another woman who also has a following.
April 2nd, 2005  
cPFC/SAJROTC

I'd lean towards Rice personnally at least right now, and thats only because I dont trust Clinton and further than I could throw a F-16. But to really know who I'd vote for, I'll have to echo other's responses by saying that we need to see how Rice does as Secretary of State before we can really make informed decisions, because if the media and various commities are to be beleived, Rice might have had a hand in making a few false statements about Iraq, lets see if she does it again, or any other major mistakes before we promise anything.
--
Boots
April 4th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

I suppose that if Condi is eventually strongly suspected to have deliberately mislead, or lied to the American People, that would put them on equal footing in terms of intergrity, would it not? Emphasis on >suspected<.

I am curious. Can a Democrat Party loyalist please explain why, in their opinion, Hillary Clinton is a good candidate for President?
April 4th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Comparing politics to professional basketball is rediculous.
Depends on what politics, I am thinking in Arnold....For me will be strange to a have a Governor like him, to often will come to my mind recurrent images of Connan and Terminator.
April 6th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Comparing politics to professional basketball is rediculous.
Depends on what politics, I am thinking in Arnold....For me will be strange to a have a Governor like him, to often will come to my mind recurrent images of Connan and Terminator.

There's just no figuring California.

As far as the Dem's liking Hilliary. I think it boils down to domestic social issues as opposed to Foreign Realations. The Clinton administration was good at that for the most part. In selling the ideas anyway.
April 7th, 2005  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
GUILLIANI FOR PRESIDENT! 2008

He reduced crime in NYC significantly, made it safe to walk the streets again, made it alot better, ect (Hey, "if you can make it there you can make it anywhere").

Also he is already proven to be a rallying point in a time of great crisis, as was in 9/11, a leader which people can look to in time of need that they feel confident that they can depend on . Which I think is very important for a presisdent to have, a quality which Hilary does not poses.

I think he qualifies.
April 7th, 2005  
Charge 7

Guilliani has too much political baggage. And that "It's the troops in the field's fault" comment to explain problems in Iraq will surely hurt him bigtime - it certainly does with me.
April 7th, 2005  
Red_Army

The American people would never elect a Woman to become President of the United States. In a fantasy world, a battle between Rice and Clinton, I would choose Ralph Nader.
April 7th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Army
The American people would never elect a Woman to become President of the United States. In a fantasy world, a battle between Rice and Clinton, I would choose Ralph Nader.
I'm strongly disagree with that sentiment myself. America is most definitely not a stronghold for male sexism in this world. The underlying matter is finding a woman to run for President that Americans will vote for.

The policital dynamics are insteresting. There is a much larger segment of the population of the Untied States that doesn't consider themselves to be Democrat or Republican today than 25 years ago. That mass of Independant voters can do very interesting things to the vote. Many women do not trust another woman to run the country. Many men are willing to vote with no consideration to gender. There are a good amount of women (and even men) non-voters that just might jump in and vote for any solid woman candidate that runs. It is that Independant segment of the US population that can completely change any election the moment that they bother to vote. So how do you counter the Democrats running Hillary if you are the Republican Party? I would suggest that Rice is the best shot the GOP has.