Eight crazy things Americans believe about foreign affairs

My favorite was having to do with religion.

X% of American Christians didn't know which was older, Judaism or Christianity.

Apparently they didn't understand the difference between the OLD Testament and the NEW one.

What I can't figure out, the USA is such a $hithole, and we are so stupid, why in hell does everyone want to move here. I wouldn't endanger my life to sneak into Canada or Mexico. BTW, my wife went to college and was born in Korea, she just asked me where Cuba was. oops.

What I can't figure out, the USA is such a $hithole, and we are so stupid, why in hell does everyone want to move here. I wouldn't endanger my life to sneak into Canada or Mexico. BTW, my wife went to college and was born in Korea, she just asked me where Cuba was. oops.

It's a matter of relativity,... there's no way on earth that I, or anyone I know would try to sneak into the US. Believe me, the US is not envied by a lot of countries, it's just that you have a lot of very poor neighbours.

Even though we have a ranga for a Prime Minister, I'm happy to call Oz home.
Been to the US, nice for a visit, wouldnt want to live there.
And yes, having poor neighbours close by and a reasonably fluid border helps.... who else is going to mow lawns, clean your house and cook meals?

One thing that does get overlooked here in the U.S., more so than in other Industrialized Nations across the Western World.

Is that Americans, like other citizens of other industrialized nations. Need stuff from around the world to have the lives we have.

So isolation under our current system of living is impossible and what others think of us absolutely matters.

It's childish to think otherwise or that the rest of the Earth is envious of us, while we cheaply export their wealth and resources for our own wasteful lifestyles.

We Americans call Chinese, Old Soviet states and even 3rd World nations out on this behavior, like we are immune to it.

It will be critical shortage, and critical restrictions arising the world over that cannot be solved by any other means short of drastically adjusting our ENTIRE lifestyles and expectations what your supposed to do in said life.

One thing that made me chuckle when I was on holiday in the US years ago, on hearing I am a Londoner a chap asked if I knew a certain family. He was most surprised when I said no. :confused:

One thing that made me chuckle when I was on holiday in the US years ago, on hearing I am a Londoner a chap asked if I knew a certain family. He was most surprised when I said no. :confused:

Happens all the time in a discriminatory manner with Americans as well mainly against other Americans, so no surprise there.

Back