Egypt's situation with Israel in the present and the past

ScarabVenom

I wanted to answer a very important question being asked "Why do Egyptians hate Israelis?" I was asked this same question by an 12 years old Israeli child named Matan.
A 12 years old speaking of those issues is unusual so, I kinda thought it would be a good idea to let people know the Egyptian perspective.

First, the past,

The very early beginning of Israel in 1948. And the War of Independence, why did Egypt involve? Would it be an act of treason if Egypt didn't involve?

First, I'd like to point out that, Egyptians are not Arabs. If you look far in the history you will know that Egypt is not an Arabic country it's basically Egyptian. They're Pharaonic Africans or as called by some; just Egyptians. They had their own language, society and religion but it all changed when the Arabs attacked in the 7th century and they forced Egyptians to convert their religion, pay a penalty or be killed. I know Egypt speaks Arabic but so? Ghana speaks English as a result of British occupation, are they English? No. Senegal speaks French as a result of French occupation, are they French? No. Egypt speaks Arabic as a result of Arabic conquest, they become Arabs? So, if Egypt is not an Arabic country originally so, it can't be treason against the Arab cause because they're not Arabs. That's the second question about the treason.

Now, about 1948. Well, we have to know that by the time, Egypt was under British occupation. And it was ruled basically by a British puppet, King Farouk who is the last of the Mohamed Ali dynasty which is not Egyptian; it's Albanian. In 1936 and as a result of various revolutions and uprisings such as the 1881 revolution by Ahmed Orabi and the 1919 revolution by Sa'ad Zaghloul and various others, the British and the Egyptians signed a treaty in 1936 which basically states that the British leaves the country in 20 years. BUT, the treaty stated that the Egyptian army must be well-formed and can protect Egypt. The King, who loved the British so much as he said once in TV "The relationship between Egypt and Great Britain is like Catholic marriage that knows no divorce." Then came 1948 and those things between the Jewish and the Arabs, the King found it an opportunity to destroy the Egyptian army and thus, Egypt's part of the 1936 treaty is not fulfilled and consequently, the British would stay. Let's look at both armies the Egyptian and the Jewish/Israeli one,

The Egyptian army was very poorly trained and had to buy weapons from black markets; they were sold World War II crap. The Egyptian army lacked war experience as the last war they involved in was in 1899 against Sudan. While the opponent; the Haganah, had the best of 2 experiences; World War I and II. So, the Egyptian army in no-way was to be able to overcome the Jewish one. But still the Egyptian army was sent to war. The whole idea was made by the king, fight under the name of "saving Palestine" and for "Arab cause" and all those stuff while it was actually to get the Egyptian army destroyed and thus, leave the British for longer and that's exactly what happened until the 1952 military revolution. The British left and the king was sent on exile. Now, I've shown the Egyptian situation and Egypt didn't really attack Israel in 1948 to annihilate it or for hate against the Jews -Egypt had Jews by the time and to this date Egyptian Jews still exist-

2nd war was in 1956. Egypt was ruled by Nasser, a brainwashed Arab nationalist and sometimes people call him the father of Arab nationalism. In my opinion, he's actually a stain.
1)Nasser sold all Egypt's gold reserves for Yemen. -What does Egypt have to do with Yemen?If Egypt is somewhere and they're somewhere???-
2) Nasser sent 1/3 of the Egyptian army to Yemen to fight the Royalists who were supported by Saudi Arabia.
I don't really know much about how 1956 came to happen but I believe -I could be wrong- was because of upsetting the British and the French. The British outraged by Nasser when he seized the Suez canal. The French, because Nasser was helping Algerians in their war of independence against them. Israel probably found Egypt as a threat to it's security. And finally, maybe Israel wanted the Sinai for whatever reasons they had...to make peace and all this stuff that I find to be non-sense.

Third war to be 1967 and because of Yemen and the incompetent military generals in control such as Abd El-Hakim Amer. When Nasser asked him if the Egyptian army can stop the Israeli advance, Amer's reply was "Don't worry" and that was it! What a stupid response! Why shouldn't he worry?What's the plan? What are the capabilities of the military? What's the proof of "don't worry"? Where are all the military details Nasser had to be informed of? and then the Egyptian army was ordered to pull back with no retreating plan. Purely incompetent military generals! And then Egypt lost the Sinai and Gaza. I personally don't care about Gaza it wasn't Egyptian territory anyways but the Sinai, it hurts when it gets lost. And then in 1970 Nasser died. Nasser had Egypt from the Mediterranean in the North to South Sudan from the South. And from the east, to Gaza. He delivered Egypt without the Sinai, Gaza and Sudan. And let history judge. That was the only leader that really wanted to destroy Israel and was full of Arab crap. Considering as I said above that Egyptians are not Arabs, they were invaded.

Finally, 1973 war to take back the Sinai and la la la ended with a peace treaty.
Okay, now it's the peace treaty. We have to know that it's quite shameful for Egyptians to have their flag in the Sinai but still they have to ask Israel for permission if they want to put some troops in the Sinai. Just asking for permission from another country to do something on Egyptian land is quite humiliating. So, my opinion, I don't support that 1979 treaty, but I do support peace with Israel if it's absolutely fair for both sides. The region has been living bloodshed for too long now. Arab or Israeli, we have to value that it's a human life being murdered. Tensions still exist because the past although over doesn't have to be forgotten.

The present, with a peace treaty between both countries, why are Israelis still experiencing hate and they have to pay double the price when they go to Egypt's Khan El-Khalili market?? Let's see a brief summary....

1) November 2000: An Egyptian citizen got wounded by Israeli gun-fire while he was collecting crops from his farm on Salah El-Deen street near the Egyptian/Israeli border.
2)April 2001: An Egyptian lady from the Barahma tribe got wounded by Israeli gun-fire while she was sitting in the backyard of her house that is close the Egyptian/Gaza border.
3)May 2001: An Egyptian soldier got wounded by Israeli gunfire while being on the border and also an Egyptian civilian got shot in his knee when he was sitting outside of his house in the Emam district in Rafah.
4)June 2001: An Egyptian soldier was killed by Israeli gun-fire on the border.
5)September 2001: An Egyptian soldier got shot in his left hip by Israeli gun-fire as a result of Israeli border security troops fighting armed Palestinians by the borders.
6)November 2001: An Egyptian policeman got wounded by Israeli gun-fire while patrolling the border.
7)December 2001: An Egyptian young-man (17 years old) was shot in the shoulder by Israeli gun-fire.
8)February 2002: An Egyptian child (5 years old) was wounded in the hip by Israeli fire (not a bullet it's something else I don't know it's name in English. It came up as Sharpnel and Fragment maybe you know what that is) while playing in the backyard of his house.
9)November 2004: 3 Egyptian soldiers were killed by an Israeli tank on the Egyptian/Gaza border.
10)December 2007: An Egyptian soldier was killed by Israeli gun-fire.
11) January 2008: An Egyptian citizen was killed by Israeli gun-fire while going to work.
12)February 2008: An Egyptian child (14 years old) was killed in front of her house near the border.
13)May 2008: An Egyptian citizen was killed by Israeli gun-fire -it was claimed that he tried to cross the border into Israel...but it's still shadowy and it's highly possible there have been a cover up from both sides on the incident.-
14)July 2008: An Egyptian soldier was killed by Israeli gunfire and Israel claimed that they thought he tried to cross the border and he was killed by mistake.
15)September 2008: An Egyptian citizen was killed and the Israeli officials informed the Egyptian authorities that he was killed because he tried to cross the border for smuggling.
16)August 2009: The Israeli authorities informed the Egyptian authorities that they shot an Egyptian soldier by mistake as they thought he's "an enemy trying to sneak in".
17)August 2011: An Israeli helicopter invaded Egypt's airspace and killed 6 Egyptian soldiers and then the Israeli authorities claimed to be chasing smugglers.
18) August 2012: Not proven if it was done by Israel or terrorists but 16 Egyptian soldiers were killed and 7 Egyptian soldiers were wounded near the borders.

Now, I hope everyone understand the situation between Egypt and Israel. Which basically started in 1948 as a result of a conspiracy by the king against his people and he used Egyptian and Israeli blood for his desire. And after the peace treaty. Because honestly, when I look at that and look at what Israel did when Gilad Shalit was taken captive by Hamas I can easily conclude that Egyptian blood is worthless to Israel. Because tens of Egyptian soldiers to this date keep getting killed and the only thing that comes to my head is this... Benjamin Netenyahu sitting on a desk then comes a guy saying "We killed Egyptian soldiers" then Netenyahu replies angrily "JUST WRITE A DAMN APOLOGY LETTER AND SEND IT TO MY OFFICE TO SIGN IT THEN DELIVER IT TO THEM! THERE ARE OTHER MATTERS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THOSE BLOODY ARABS!" Well, sorry but, if Egyptian blood might be cheap to you, I find no reason to blame Egyptians for their hatred towards you.

Sorry, it had to be too long. Actually, I had to make it even less and erase some details cuz I went far away from the 10000 limit. But hails to you if you read it to the end. :)

Not one link to verify it.

You look frustrated to me. You do not look at events as how they happend you are looking for something so you can blame Israel. Does decades of peace means nothing to you?

Fact is that Israel, Egypt, the US and to a certain extend Hamas are working together to combat the terrorists in the Sinai.

You go on as if israeli atrocities are hard to find, you don't have to look very hard. In fact it is harder to select what to use from the huge amount of evidence available.

The Egyptian Organization for Human Rights denounces the Israeli army’s practices on the Egyptian borders August 21st, 2011 by Editor

The Egyptian Organization for Human Rights (EOHR) denounces the severe violations of the Israeli army on the Egyptian borders that led to death of an Egyptian army officer and four soldiers and injuring others.
Source:
http://en.eohr.org/2011/08/21/the-e...eli-army’s-practices-on-the-egyptian-borders/

Not one link to verify it.

You look frustrated to me. You do not look at events as how they happend you are looking for something so you can blame Israel. Does decades of peace means nothing to you?

Fact is that Israel, Egypt, the US and to a certain extend Hamas are working together to combat the terrorists in the Sinai.

Verify what exactly??? There are too many incidents if that's what you're talking about. I got one of them for you
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd9_1346146285
And it depends what you mean with "frustrated". My "frustration" when it comes to the murder of some Egyptians is the same type of "frustration" Jews have against the Nazis. I'm not comparing anybody to Nazis neither am I saying the crimes Israel have done to Egyptians are equal to the Nazi crimes. But, if you don't feel frustrated because a fellow of yours is gone, I'm afraid I'll have to say that you have lost touch to your human self. And why would I be just looking for something to blame Israel for?? What do I have to do with them?? The Israeli issue is with Palestinians, am I Palestinian?? No, so why would I possibly keep looking for something to blame Israel for just for the sake of it? That just doesn't make sense. And where's the peace in the Middle East? As far as I know, they're still fighting to this date. Peace is something I support but, it's no peace when it's unfair to one party regardless of who it is. And as I told you before, Egypt has to literally ask permission from Israel to put some more troops in the Sinai which is quite bothersome. The Sinai is an Egyptian land with the Egyptian flag on top of it. They put troops, they pull back troops, they should be able to do what they want in their land.
Okay, let me tell you something...let's say there's this very wanted terrorist. And he has been found by the Israeli Mossad and his location is central Sinai. Does this allow Israel to launch a plane and invade Egypt's airspace and kill the terrorist? No. No matter what, he's on Egyptian soil and only Egypt gets to decide. What should happen is this...the Mossad tells the Egyptian authorities or intelligence right away and give them the necessary information and then, Egypt decides what to do. Send a plane, send a bus...Egypt decides.

hey guys no invite when your talking about my country :(
Anyway you didn't cover the point that they are murdering thousands of Palestinians whom we consider brothers in religion .
Otherwise its completely flawless.

hey guys no invite when your talking about my country :(
Anyway you didn't cover the point that they are murdering thousands of Palestinians whom we consider brothers in religion .
Otherwise its completely flawless.

Well...we're from the same country. But, I live in USA right now that's why I have the American flag as it asks about my current location not where I am from. When I saw a profile with an Egyptian flag, I sent you a message but you never replied and your last activity was about Yom Kippur War back in February. As an attempt to keep the thread alive, I created another one but unfortunately, this thread died too as I didn't get any replies for about 2 weeks now but, you're more than welcome to check it out.

I did cover the Palestinian issue in a wider level when I was speaking of how Egyptians are not Arabs. Egypt was invaded by Arab armies in the 7th century and that's when religion changed, language changed...etc. It was the Arabs that showed disrespect for the Egyptian culture by breaking the Sphinx PURPOSELY because some people were still practicing the ancient religions. Probably, as you said Palestinians are brothers in religion. Then that's not an Arab/Israeli issue that's a Muslim/Israeli issue. And a lot of people massacred the Muslims in the history. In 1992, Serbian forces were aiming for ethnic cleansing of all Muslims in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Yet, I've never seen Muslims talking about the Serbians. Also, I do re-call reading something about the Spaniards with the Muslims a while ago but, I don't recall many details. Yet, I've never seen Muslims having an issue with Spain. Right now, Israel is killing Muslims and suddenly, every Muslim knows and hates Israel? Well....my issue with Israel is not religion neither is it for the Arab cause. My position with Israel is just like that;
Israel has the right to exist, I personally don't mind a new country on the map. But, they don't have the right to kill innocent civilians and commit war-crimes. They didn't have the right to kill all those Egyptian POWs during wars and they don't have the right to be killing Egyptians to this date. When it comes to other countries, I'm afraid I'm unaware of it. I only know about Egypt and that's probably enough.

i did reply but i just replied today as i wasn't on for quite some time .
and well i would have this added to my list but the thing is i consider Egypt not only and Arabian country but the the leader of the Arabian people and obviously you don't agree but i see Arabs together as stronger.
its just a point of view .

i did reply but i just replied today as i wasn't on for quite some time .
and well i would have this added to my list but the thing is i consider Egypt not only and Arabian country but the the leader of the Arabian people and obviously you don't agree but i see Arabs together as stronger.
its just a point of view .

Well...Egypt became like that during Gamal Abd El-Nasser's age. I do do not agree with classifying Egypt as an Arabic country but, definitely Egypt and countries around it can unite but, not under the name "Arab league" it can be "North African league" or "Middle Eastern league" that would still be valid as it states what all those countries have in common. But, "Arab league" should only be a Middle Eastern unity since no-body in North Africa is an Arab. It's not only Egypt. Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and other North African countries are not Arabs either. They are either Berbers, Nomads or Amazighs. Although, they became Arabized but still some of their ancient cultures is still alive. The Amazighi language is still alive and it's in their dialect that's why it's a little hard for Middle Easterns and Egyptians to understand them. Because their language is Arabic is Arabic with a different dialect and a touch of Amazighi language and French as a result of French occupation.

and Egyptians weren't forced into Islam
and they weren't forced to pay a "penalty" its like taxes nowadays.
As Muslims used to pay taxes inform of zaka so Christians had to pay something like it so i wasn't a penalty.

and Egyptians weren't forced into Islam
and they weren't forced to pay a "penalty" its like taxes nowadays.
As Muslims used to pay taxes inform of zaka so Christians had to pay something like it so i wasn't a penalty.

Yes, they were! The Arabs killed Priests and broke the sphinx when people used to practice the ancient religions. And that's also a lame excuse, because not because you're a Muslim, means you pay the zaka. If they would rather call it taxes and charge it to everyone, it would be better.

One more thing, the Arabs are foreigners they don't have the right to conquer another country and impose their rules no matter what. It's occupation, buddy!

Arabs are in a dead end street. The only thing they have is oil and someday they will run out of it. Egypt has three important assets: tourism, fertile ground along the Nile and the Suez canal.

Arabs are in a dead end street. The only thing they have is oil and someday they will run out of it. Egypt has three important assets: tourism, fertile ground along the Nile and the Suez canal.

I do find the ME to be strong just for that reason. They have a whole lot of oil and they've got Iran that controls the oil market -we're speaking of the straits of Hormuz-. Someone having those two things should be the world super power but, unfortunately they just keep fighting each others. Israel and Iran are at conflict, the Sunni and the Shias are at conflict it's quite unfortunate really. Many other areas wish to have what the ME has. And I wouldn't disagree with you when it comes to Egypt. It's mostly tourism and the Suez Canal for economy. For life, it's the Nile River, if it wasn't for the Nile River, I would wonder where the ancient Egyptians would build their civilization.

By controlling one or two canal or strait or having a river and tourism industry you cant be a super power in the world. About oil first it is not permanent and second without western consumers it is just an smelly liquid under the ground.
I think having the science and technology, especially advanced science and technology, are the sings of a super power country which now is in west hands. If you want to be a super power you should first get it.

Last edited:
How long?

The Arab world regards Israel as a crusader state imposed during a period of Western strengh. If the Arab world was ever to unite then the main line of communication joining the population centre of Egypt with the rest of the Arab world would pass thru Israel. Israel on geopolitical considerations alone will have to be destroyed.
There will be NO STABILITY in the Middle East because the extremely high Islamic Birthrate ensures continuing extreme poverty for the masses, at the same time guaranteeing vast numbers of young men for direct or indirect military action.
The extent to which the native European population is dying out and being replaced by Muslims is not appreciated by Americans, but it is analogous to the replacement of Anglos by Latinos in the States. This Islamification of Europe will ensure that in future conflicts between Israel and the Arab world Israel can expect no help from Europe. Will she get any from a future Latino USA?
NOW CENSOR THIS!

By controlling one or two canal or strait or having a river and tourism industry you cant be a super power in the world. About oil first it is not permanent and second without western consumers it is just an smelly liquid under the ground.
I think having the science and technology, especially advanced science and technology, are the sings of a super power country which now is in west hands. If you want to be a super power you should first get it.

Well...I guess if Egypt starts getting more scientific and getting more advanced technology there issue would be the funding.

Well...I guess if Egypt starts getting more scientific and getting more advanced technology there issue would be the funding.
The issue would be relying on your people's abilities and capacities. Other things will come themselves.

Last edited:
The issue would be relying on your people's abilities and capacities. Other things come themselves.

Egypt does have some world-known scientists and intellectual people. The thing is, when they become known...they travel to another country that can provide enough funding to complete their studies or research. Egypt does bring people with brains, it just doesn't spend enough money into it since Mubarak didn't really care about the country.

But, I promise you, Egypt will improve sooner or later.

The Arab world regards Israel as a crusader state imposed during a period of Western strengh. If the Arab world was ever to unite then the main line of communication joining the population centre of Egypt with the rest of the Arab world would pass thru Israel. Israel on geopolitical considerations alone will have to be destroyed.
There will be NO STABILITY in the Middle East because the extremely high Islamic Birthrate ensures continuing extreme poverty for the masses, at the same time guaranteeing vast numbers of young men for direct or indirect military action.
The extent to which the native European population is dying out and being replaced by Muslims is not appreciated by Americans, but it is analogous to the replacement of Anglos by Latinos in the States. This Islamification of Europe will ensure that in future conflicts between Israel and the Arab world Israel can expect no help from Europe. Will she get any from a future Latino USA?
NOW CENSOR THIS!

I can asure you that the Islamists will not take over Europe. We already see political parties gaining in strength that are hostile to further islamisation.

The biggest factor in the Islamisation of Europe is that the Islamists vote for socialist parties. Once they start their own parties the ones who oppose them will significantly grow and Islamists not respecting western culture will be send back to where they came from.

Back