egyptian military buildup - Page 4




 
--
 
September 4th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Both Egypt and Jordan knew what Israel wanted: security. It was a give and take thing and the three countries faired very well with the peace accords.

The most dangerous thing for Egypt is the flow of water through the Nile. Ethiopia is (going to?) build a dam and that could have a negative impact on the water supply for Egypt.

Almost 60% of the oil tankers worldwide can use the Suez canal. Shipments dropped about a quarter since 2007. In 2010 the canal depth was increased to 66 feet and oil shipments increased a little bit. Oil shipments amount to only 20% of Suez traffic.

Another cash cow for Egypt is tourism. This can get tricky if Egypt gets too Islamistic for the rich (western) tourists who do not like the discomfort of religious laws.

I don't see any threat from Sudan or Libya.

Egypt burnt their fingers (as Israel once did) by voluntarily opening the Gaza crossings. They need to keep an eye on the fanatics from Gaza but this is police work with some help from the army.
September 5th, 2012  
ScarabVenom
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Both Egypt and Jordan knew what Israel wanted: security. It was a give and take thing and the three countries faired very well with the peace accords.

The most dangerous thing for Egypt is the flow of water through the Nile. Ethiopia is (going to?) build a dam and that could have a negative impact on the water supply for Egypt.

Almost 60% of the oil tankers worldwide can use the Suez canal. Shipments dropped about a quarter since 2007. In 2010 the canal depth was increased to 66 feet and oil shipments increased a little bit. Oil shipments amount to only 20% of Suez traffic.

Another cash cow for Egypt is tourism. This can get tricky if Egypt gets too Islamistic for the rich (western) tourists who do not like the discomfort of religious laws.

I don't see any threat from Sudan or Libya.

Egypt burnt their fingers (as Israel once did) by voluntarily opening the Gaza crossings. They need to keep an eye on the fanatics from Gaza but this is police work with some help from the army.
Yeah, Israel does want security...

Anyways, I'm not here to keep talking about Israel or whatsoever. But, I doubt there is a single country that is like 100% no mistakes and no crimes. Are you talking about the 1979 accords? Well...if so, and you say both countries knew what Israel wanted...that depends on how you look at it. Because it can also be said like this "Egypt and Jordan wanted no more war." So far, the Egyptian president has been quite liberal and fixing some major issues instead of barking religion. And Egypt can't do anything in a way that might harm tourism even for just a bit, They live mostly out of tourism.

I didn't say there's a threat. I said "the region is not stable." And unlike huge armies, militias can change their attitude in like 2 seconds. The entire region is not stable. Civil War in Libya, Civil War in Sudan and Palestinian/Israeli conflict in Palestine or Israel whatever you call it.

I don't know about Gaza, sorry. That's definitely not my thing or my concern. Gazans have been going inside the country and it was okay until the Aug.5 incident. And it's still not proven whether it was Gaza or probably Israel. Considering that Israel has been killing Egyptian soldiers and civilians near the border for a while now. And always lame excuses "It was not intentioned." and they send an apology letter. "Terrorists did this, not us." and blah blah blah. I don't remember who but somebody in this forum I believe said something quite amazing...."unintentionally can be understandable but doesn't have to be acceptable."
September 9th, 2012  
2nd Lieutenant
 
 
Being a Citizen from a brother Nation, I've a piece of advice for Egyptians.
In the Subject of Military Might it's not the Quantity but the Quality and the Strategy which Pays.
You need to focus more over the individual training,i.e the training of a normal egyptian soldier and development of strategy favouring you even in the worst phases of any future Egypt Israel conflict.


Quote:
"Black Storks (Special Services Group) has been air dropped by Pakistanis here, you dumb head send me all the Airplanes and Gunships we have in Afghanistan" Commander 345th Spetsnaz Unit (Battle of Hill 3234)
--
September 9th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabVenom
Yeah, Israel does want security...

Anyways, I'm not here to keep talking about Israel or whatsoever. But, I doubt there is a single country that is like 100% no mistakes and no crimes. Are you talking about the 1979 accords? Well...if so, and you say both countries knew what Israel wanted...that depends on how you look at it. Because it can also be said like this "Egypt and Jordan wanted no more war." So far, the Egyptian president has been quite liberal and fixing some major issues instead of barking religion. And Egypt can't do anything in a way that might harm tourism even for just a bit, They live mostly out of tourism.

I didn't say there's a threat. I said "the region is not stable." And unlike huge armies, militias can change their attitude in like 2 seconds. The entire region is not stable. Civil War in Libya, Civil War in Sudan and Palestinian/Israeli conflict in Palestine or Israel whatever you call it.

I don't know about Gaza, sorry. That's definitely not my thing or my concern. Gazans have been going inside the country and it was okay until the Aug.5 incident. And it's still not proven whether it was Gaza or probably Israel. Considering that Israel has been killing Egyptian soldiers and civilians near the border for a while now. And always lame excuses "It was not intentioned." and they send an apology letter. "Terrorists did this, not us." and blah blah blah. I don't remember who but somebody in this forum I believe said something quite amazing...."unintentionally can be understandable but doesn't have to be acceptable."
That photo has nothing to do with the Israeli-Egyptian war. But since you bring it up, and in my opinion you are allowed to, I have the right to counter that. I think you made the same mistake as the one who likes your story (Seno). Did you check the validity of the story?

One article (http://adalah.org/eng/pressreleases/04_05_03nl.php) says it happend on 15/04/2004.

Another article (electronicintifada) says it happend on 22/04/2004.

On Mar-4-2007 the same story reappeared on LiveLeak (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=76d_1173007758) saying it happend during a recent demonstration.

It reapperared again on 2009/01/07 in the pakistaniscandals saying it happend "last night" !

All that time the guy stays 13 years old (12 in the first link I mentioned).

Have you enlarged the photo? (you can find a slightly better quality on the internet). Look at how that guy is tied to to the grille covering the windscreen of the Jeep, he could be free within seconds (in fact it is not possible to verify that he is indeed strapped to the grille). His friends weren't that far away because he said he was affraid that the rocks would hit him (enlarge the photo to look at his face, not someone who is worried).

Such photos and videos are all over the internet placed by anti-israel groups and persons. They are anti-Israel, not pro-palestinian.

I want that the Palestinians have a country of their own and have a peacefull and prosperous life. The ones who post such things do not care about the Palestinians, they use them for their own self-inetrests.
September 10th, 2012  
ScarabVenom
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Lieutenant
Being a Citizen from a brother Nation, I've a piece of advice for Egyptians.
In the Subject of Military Might it's not the Quantity but the Quality and the Strategy which Pays.
You need to focus more over the individual training,i.e the training of a normal egyptian soldier and development of strategy favouring you even in the worst phases of any future Egypt Israel conflict.
Egypt is doing it's best as I can see. I'm not a military hardware expert but, Egypt right now is flying the F-16s and is using the M1A1 Abrams tank. Egypt right now is trying to find a way to get hold of the F-15s. And Egypt also got some submarine called 209? Or something like that from Germany. When it comes to training, things have changed since the 1973 war. Egypt now -I believe- receives some training from foreign military advisers and they hold many training operations such as Bright Star and those stuff. Any future Egypt/Israel conflict is quite doubtful I assume. Because what is the benefit going to be? If Egypt attacks Israel, the US will cut-off it's aid and might do a lot of things and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't involve militarily, that's if Egypt is winning. The Israeli army judging by quality are more superior. If Israel attacks, it would be a little disturbing for the US since Egypt is an important US ally but of course not as important as Israel.
September 10th, 2012  
ScarabVenom
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
That photo has nothing to do with the Israeli-Egyptian war. But since you bring it up, and in my opinion you are allowed to, I have the right to counter that. I think you made the same mistake as the one who likes your story (Seno). Did you check the validity of the story?

One article (http://adalah.org/eng/pressreleases/04_05_03nl.php) says it happend on 15/04/2004.

Another article (electronicintifada) says it happend on 22/04/2004.

On Mar-4-2007 the same story reappeared on LiveLeak (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=76d_1173007758) saying it happend during a recent demonstration.

It reapperared again on 2009/01/07 in the pakistaniscandals saying it happend "last night" !

All that time the guy stays 13 years old (12 in the first link I mentioned).

Have you enlarged the photo? (you can find a slightly better quality on the internet). Look at how that guy is tied to to the grille covering the windscreen of the Jeep, he could be free within seconds (in fact it is not possible to verify that he is indeed strapped to the grille). His friends weren't that far away because he said he was affraid that the rocks would hit him (enlarge the photo to look at his face, not someone who is worried).

Such photos and videos are all over the internet placed by anti-israel groups and persons. They are anti-Israel, not pro-palestinian.

I want that the Palestinians have a country of their own and have a peacefull and prosperous life. The ones who post such things do not care about the Palestinians, they use them for their own self-inetrests.
I agree it has nothing to do with Egypt. But you said they want security so, because I'm from a country close to Israel we do hear the echos of what's being said over there. So, when you said they want security I wanted to provide a photo of what probably means by being secure as using a human-shield. And yes, you do have the right to counter. Well...I have a whole lot of photos about such stuff since WWII. All types of different stuff, it would be hard to classify them. But, when I enlarged the photo...I believe he was tied by some sort of belt. But no, it's absolutely obvious; you see that piece of metal which is the belt buckle with that pin facing downwards and when you lock the belt the tighter you make it the longer it becomes after the lock and you end up putting these through your pants or whatever your wearing in those sections. I can see the pin going through the belt and that remaining part is the part that's facing upwards. That's besides, if it's like that...why would a child be possibly on a hood of a police car? It sparks a question, does it not? The only reason I put such a photo is because I care for the child's situation. And trust me, if that was an Israeli child in that same situation, I would care just as much. I'm not Palestinian neither am I Israeli. If a child from any part of the world was tied to a police jeep like that, I would get concerned.
September 10th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabVenom
I agree it has nothing to do with Egypt. But you said they want security so, because I'm from a country close to Israel we do hear the echos of what's being said over there. So, when you said they want security I wanted to provide a photo of what probably means by being secure as using a human-shield. And yes, you do have the right to counter. Well...I have a whole lot of photos about such stuff since WWII. All types of different stuff, it would be hard to classify them. But, when I enlarged the photo...I believe he was tied by some sort of belt. But no, it's absolutely obvious; you see that piece of metal which is the belt buckle with that pin facing downwards and when you lock the belt the tighter you make it the longer it becomes after the lock and you end up putting these through your pants or whatever your wearing in those sections. I can see the pin going through the belt and that remaining part is the part that's facing upwards. That's besides, if it's like that...why would a child be possibly on a hood of a police car? It sparks a question, does it not? The only reason I put such a photo is because I care for the child's situation. And trust me, if that was an Israeli child in that same situation, I would care just as much. I'm not Palestinian neither am I Israeli. If a child from any part of the world was tied to a police jeep like that, I would get concerned.
Most law enforcing officers from most countries do their job in a humane way (if it is possible), so that boy propably was being held and tied up so he could not run away. The problem with a picture (and video) is that it doesn't say when or where it was taken, we just have to believe what is written about it. Then there's the software to manipulate it, although this one, I believe, is genuine.
September 10th, 2012  
ScarabVenom
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Most law enforcing officers from most countries do their job in a humane way (if it is possible), so that boy propably was being held and tied up so he could not run away. The problem with a picture (and video) is that it doesn't say when or where it was taken, we just have to believe what is written about it. Then there's the software to manipulate it, although this one, I believe, is genuine.
I don't think so....when someone gets arrested, the cop searches him, handcuffs him and puts him INSIDE the car or jeep. In this photo, the child is not handcuffed and he's on TOP of the jeep; he's on the hood. And that is very very very unusual for an arresting process. And if he was put inside the car, he also wouldn't be able to run away, would he? Put him in the jeep, lock the doors and just leave him. If he tries to run away he will have to break the window and that will make enough noise for the police to notice. To me, it doesn't matter when it was taken....a child on top of a police jeep tied with a belt is quite bothersome.
 


Similar Topics
Ecuador's Leader Purges Military And Moves To Expel American Base
Behind TV Analysts, Pentagon's Hidden Hand
Military Medical Malpractice: Seeking Recourse
Ready To Kill
Few In New Congress Served In Military