eeeek! PC crashed

SHERMAN

I havent bee naround for a couple of days cause my PC crashed. fixed now, but alot of stuff to recover....:-|

<Sherman>
IF this has ONLY happened to you one time, you are a very fortunate person indeed.

Over the years, I have suffered system critical crashes over nine times to the point I have had to completely reformat the hard-drive and try to recover all of the programs I had accrued over time. I finally bought a standalone hard-drive that I use for backups. I have it set up to do incremental backups now ... which means that I would ONLY lose six hours of work {backed up four times a day}.

So far, I haven't had to use it to recover from a crash, so I don't know how efficient it will be in the event my system goes bonkers again.

For those who are concerned that this could happen to them, I would recommend the standalone hard-drive for complete system backup. Just make sure that the standalone is at least double the size of your regular hard-drive. This way, you have room for a complete backup and then incremental backups. My standalone has been running for almost a year, and so far, I haven't had to mess with it.

Back