Educational Environment

rirvine

What are your view on education in the military? Do you view your opportunities as adequate? Is there enough emphasis on individual progression in your service?

These questions are directed toward anyone, of any service. I am just trying to understand the educational environment in the military.

Ross Irvine
Writer at http://www.militaryeducationhq.com

Not always available.
Needs of service and your job dictate most of your activities.

I'm sure there are many changes from my time, but I view educational opportunities outside one's job as great luxuries.

Someone in a static secure position as many more opportunies than someone in a high speed or deployed status.

What do you exactly mean for education in the military? Maybe the chance for a military to achieve a qualification related to the service? :shoothea:

Are you talking about the GI bill? It seem the US will decrease the ability to get an education after the service and I am not surprised to see what happens to the military vets when they are returning home, so if you can get an education, go for it! The sad truth is, what you learn in the military is not useful in the civilian world, with some exeptions of course. The high School degree is worthless, in many cases even a College degree is worthless, it depends on the subject.

Back