....editting what u think about muslims... really important - Page 9

--
Boots

January 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

"Is that why the "good Muslims" are keeping quiet now? So why were they keeping quiet before 9-11? In 1993 they tried to blow up the WTC, in 1998 they bombed our embassies in Africa, in 2000 they bombed our ship off Yemen"

Those weren't the "good" Muslims. Okay so you hate all Muslims. I got that. Good luck to you. Just remember that hate is a double edged sword. It hurts the hater as much as those he hates.

Oh and before you go calling me "ignorant" again I suggest you check the forum rules not to mention my profile.
January 18th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
"Is that why the "good Muslims" are keeping quiet now? So why were they keeping quiet before 9-11? In 1993 they tried to blow up the WTC, in 1998 they bombed our embassies in Africa, in 2000 they bombed our ship off Yemen"

Those weren't the "good" Muslims. Okay so you hate all Muslims. I got that. Good luck to you. Just remember that hate is a double edged sword. It hurts the hater as much as those he hates.

Oh and before you go calling me "ignorant" again I suggest you check the forum rules not to mention my profile.
Can you point me to where I called you ignorant? I don't see that word anywhere - nor do I see anything that could be contrued in such a way

Unless questiong anything you say is considered calling you ignorant

Do the forum rules require that I agree with you - or when you make your case?

I also didn't start with the "scare quotes" - you referred to some folks as "good muslims" - I am trying to follow who you mean here

When you say "Those weren't the good muslims" do you follow what I am asking?

Obviously the bombers and such are not good muslims - but I was specifically asking why the good muslims were so quiet - read it again.
Where is the mass rally of "good muslims" against such acts?

We haven't seen it after 9-11 - which you think is related to anti-muslim attitudes - I think thats a bit of an odd idea since such a rally would only decrease such attitudes - but in any case - where was the vocal condemnation of the other terrorist acts before 9-11???

I am looking for the "good muslims" to become active in condemning such things - and I don't see it

I don't simply assume that most muslims condemn such things out of hand because I don't see the evidence
I can accept that most do dislike many such things - although many make exceptions when the targets are Israeli of any age or sex

No - I don't "hate all muslims" - you don't "got that" - unless your version of got that is just to put words in my mouth

( Let me try it - "Ok, you hate black people - I got that" of course you said nothing of the kind but then neither did I - wow - that is an effective way of winning an arguement )

As for the pithy observation that "hate hurts the hater as much as those he hates" - what exactly does that mean?

Try this out - I hate pedophiles

Does that hurt me? Am I wrong to think that way?

I wonder why the only reaction you have to the idea of looking at Islam as an ideology as well as a religious faith and work to understand why terrorism and islam are so inter-related today is to just accuse me of bigotry

What would I find in your profile that would mean these things are not subject to discussion? Do you assume that your experience is greater than mine - that you know more than I do because _________ * fill in reason

If that is so I would be happy to learn - but you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it :P
January 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

Your words:

"This "I can't blame them" stuff goes two ways. The continued silence by all the good Muslims earns them the unfortunate treatment you describe

I wish ignorant people wouldn't generalize in such ways - as much as I wish the good Muslims would take a stand"

Your use of "STFU" is _clearly_ a rule violation as well.

It was Whispering Death who used the term "good Muslims" or did you fail to see my quotation marks?

By "hate" I mean obsessiveness as one could think that you seem to be from your lengthly posts in this topic. Saying "hate" in the general form as in "I hate pedophiles" is something else entirely.

My pointing to my profile was not to indicate anything at all about you but rather to illustrate that I am hardly "ignorant".
--
Boots
January 18th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Tone it down, gentlemen.
January 18th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Your words:

"This "I can't blame them" stuff goes two ways. The continued silence by all the good Muslims earns them the unfortunate treatment you describe

I wish ignorant people wouldn't generalize in such ways - as much as I wish the good Muslims would take a stand"

So where there do I say I hate muslims? I point out that the silence of this majority of muslims who we suppose do condemn such terrorist activities earns them such unfortunate treatement

Do I say I approve of such treatment - indeed not
Do I say they deserve it?

All I say is that the silence "earns" them such treatment
As our presence in Iraq today "earns" us constant attacks - doesn't mean we deserve them of course

I specifiically call it "unfortunate" treatment

My words that you re-post above make all of this clear

Your use of "STFU" is _clearly_ a rule violation as well.

I am asking if you are telling me to STFU - is that a violation?

It was Whispering Death who used the term "good Muslims" or did you fail to see my quotation marks?

My pointing to my profile was not to indicate anything at all about you but rather to illustrate that I am hardly "ignorant".

Where did I ever call you, or anyone else, ignorant?
January 18th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Tone it down, gentlemen.
What he said!!

Use PMs if you have something to say from now on, no more off-topic posts wont be accepted in here!
January 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

I think I've said all I have to say here. An old mantra about argueing comes to mind.
January 18th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Quote:
Tone it down, gentlemen.
What he said!!

Use PMs if you have something to say from now on, no more off-topic posts wont be accepted in here!
Do you think this discussion is out of line?

Does it belong somewhere else and not in a topic about editing what one thinks about Muslims?

I really have no interest in offending any member at all - I am new around here - but it seems like even questioning some things is verboten around these parts - am I wrong about that?
January 18th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone
Yes
Quote:
Does it belong somewhere else and not in a topic about editing what one thinks about Muslims?
Much of it did certainly not belong in here, and it was heading in a totaly wrong direction.

Quote:
I really have no interest in offending any member at all - I am new around here - but it seems like even questioning some things is verboten around these parts - am I wrong about that?
You are certainly allowed to question all things in here, but it all depends on how you do it...

Please use PMs, or start a new thread about this if any of you have any more questions.

Thanks.
January 21st, 2005  
Strongbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Quote:
Tone it down, gentlemen.
What he said!!

You have a very simplistic view of the Muslim world.