East and Southeast Asia -- Everybody Takes Sides - Page 7

--
Boots

December 4th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Check this: I think for ASEAN, PRC is much more important and enjoys much more attention and appreciation:

Southeast Asia

ASEAN, China all smiles for now

SYDNEY - China has firmly laid to rest any lingering doubts over its long-term intentions in East Asia by ratifying an accord that will create the world's biggest free-trade area - and sow further unease in Washington.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southea.../FL03Ae02.html
December 4th, 2004  
gladius

China has too much to lose by starting WWIII, but I have been saying this all along. Most of the world is striving for prosperity and ecomic gain, and trying to do this within a gobal economy, as you can see from the news that Frog posted. There is only one power that will end up starting WWIII, if anyone reads my posts you know what that is.

It all boils down to cause and effect. No cause, no effect. There is certainly no strong enough cause when it comes to China.
December 5th, 2004  
Darcia

China would possible start World War 3 however if to many Democratic Nations got into the nations surronding them and started building bases. China would not want to keep enemies close to them so they may invade the nations that allowed bases to be placed.
--
Boots
December 6th, 2004  
MadeInChina

what do u mean too many democratic nations to surround china??? russia is democratic, japan is, india is.....
December 7th, 2004  
Darcia

Russia is debatelble when speaking of democratic nations....India is a little wierd when it comes to it's elections, and japan poses no threat due to the fact they basicly can't produce strong weapons.
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

whats the weirdness
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
ina would possible start World War 3 however if to many Democratic Nations got into the nations surronding them and started building bases. China would not want to keep enemies close to them so they may invade the nations that allowed bases to be placed.
These what you called "democratic" nations don't have the interest of threatening China. They all know that it's not wise to poke the rising Dragon.
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

The thing is not about poking the rising dragon, but the fear the dragon has about a crouching tiger waiting to pounce upon when the oppurtunity is right.
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

Pouncing when the oppurtunity is right? I don't believe such rhetoric when it comes to the military. It's have been proven wrong soo many times.
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

What I meant was not attacking militarily, but because of difference in forms of government theres a difference of attitudes and in bad times such difference isn't very helpful.