East and Southeast Asia -- Everybody Takes Sides - Page 4

--
Boots

November 29th, 2004  
Kane

This new topic is.....very odd indeed.

You guys forgot about N. Korea's massive military.

I think Godthunder started this topic because of the escalating arms race between neighboring nations in Asia. This arms race might lead to further complex situations in Foreign Relations and might lead to a possible conflict. However, there are signs of diplomatic relations and increasing trade agreements between the nations. Hopefully, a war won't start at all.

Quote:
Russian would wait untill India and China are fighting a full scale war and then attack China in the back.
Definetly makes no sense whatsoever. Russia has no legitimate reasons to get attack China. It will definetly harm Russia itself.
November 29th, 2004  
Xion

Kane,
We know that there are not even remote chances of a war between India and China, but as godofthunder said this is an imaginary topic and it helps to asses the strategic alliances in Asia.

If N.Korea gets involved in this war, i'm sure it would lead to a world war like situation as U.S.A. wouldn't wanna miss this God sent opportunity to crush them.

FlyingFrog,
back in the 70s Israel had asked India to allow to use its air force bases to launch an attack on pakistan and diffuse their nuclear reactors and remove any long term threats to israel.But that plan didn't get implented or something.Israel Pakistan relations are not good, only a bit better than Israel and Iran.
November 29th, 2004  
Darcia

I was unaware of that fact.

That may meen they may join if, if the USA wich is Nuetral does decide to go if a good chane to cursh some enemies and to add some new teritory or allies in the area they would jump at the chance. However after the WW2 America has learned not to allie with Communist nations. So they would be on the Indian side if they joined.
--
Boots
November 30th, 2004  
MadeInChina

So the us is goign for a modern imperialism trying to be do better than the previous british empire?

What dameon said is pretty true, the us loves to take oppertunties and gain land possession. HOwever said, i still doing agree with it, this is exactly the kind of imperialism that shook our world apart during the decades from the 1880s to 1917
November 30th, 2004  
Darcia

Heres a concept. South Korea stays Nuetral during the war, The North Korean government sides with China and starts sending troops out to help them fight. After a while South Korea would have a good chance to turn around and invade them and they wouldn't be able to defend.
December 1st, 2004  
Big_Z

NK troops would get about 75 feet outside of NK before they ran out of gas. I do not see NK sending troops to help out anyone but themselves.
December 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
However, there are signs of diplomatic relations and increasing trade agreements between the nations. Hopefully, a war won't start at all.
Naturally, that's what we all hope for. Nobody actually wants a war of this scale to ever occur. As I said, its not a likely war, but it seems like a fairly balanced conflict so long as it can be agreed that Russia and the Commonwealth side with India. If such is not the case, then that fact still tells us something, right?

North Korea and South Korea would be pretty well guaranteed to pick opposite sides and they cancel each other out quite effectively. In the long term, South Korea has one helluva lot better chance of winning Korean War II so long as China doesn't commit forces to support NK. In this situation, they'd be a lot more concerned with dealing with India and Russia to concern themselves to much with Korea.

By the way, does anyone have a list of current nations in ASEAN right now?? Also, are they likely to act as a single block siding with one side or another?
December 1st, 2004  
Darcia

That is true but with help from China they could get NK troops out of they do need help.
December 1st, 2004  
MadeInChina

the main thing about a feared north korean invasion is that the pathway from the mountain ranges in which the border is located to seoul is basically like the steppe, perfect for invasion, hard to defend with relitavity flat land... however, if the south koreans do invade nk, then those mountain tops would definelty be defended, making it hard and heavy casulties are very predicable
December 1st, 2004  
Xion

ASEAN Nations = Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Thailand.

ASEAN Dialogue partners = China, India, Japan and South Korea.

Indias somewhat friends = Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR.