East and Southeast Asia -- Everybody Takes Sides - Page 2




 
--
Boots
 
November 27th, 2004  
Ezechiel
 

Topic: Re: East and Southeast Asia -- Everybody Takes Sides


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
2. The chance of China and India go to war in almost ZERO.

3. It makes no sense of any other Asian countries to take part in this war, btw their military contribution to this war is almost meaningless.
2. Yeah, China will not be so stupid to do so becoz they like friendship with India.

3. Got that right again, especially to ASEA Nations. First of all none of anyone of the ASEA region military can even beat the Japanese Self-Defending Troops/Forces. Meaningless to join and ASEA will alwayz remain neutral.
November 27th, 2004  
Darcia
 
Thier was also apperently no Chance of nazi germany and Russia going to war, remember how that turned out?
November 27th, 2004  
ironface
 
do you know the war between india and china in the 1962?
I thinkindia guys are not good in fighting,
our chinese have lots of tricks to play a war,I mean play here
since we have lots lots of good generals and soldiers.
in Asia,I think no body will win the war with china,but when it comes
to US,i dont know the result will be
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
However China has more man power than any nation in the world. around 1.2 Billion People.
India almost equals them, so I don't think anybody is going to be intimidated by China's population because its almost entirely offset by India's. Here's the info on world populations: http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbrank.pl

Quote:
Countries Ranked by Population:
1 China 1,306,313,812
2 India 1,080,264,388
3 United States 295,734,134
4 Indonesia 241,973,879
5 Brazil 186,112,794
6 Pakistan 162,419,946
7 Bangladesh 144,319,628
8 Russia 143,420,309
9 Nigeria 128,771,988
10 Japan 127,417,244
11 Mexico 106,202,903
12 Philippines 87,857,473
13 Vietnam 83,535,576
14 Germany 82,431,390
15 Egypt 77,505,756
16 Ethiopia 73,053,286
17 Turkey 69,660,559
18 Iran 68,017,860
19 Thailand 65,444,371
20 France 60,656,178
21 United Kingdom 60,441,457
22 Congo (Kinshasa) 60,085,004
23 Italy 58,103,033
24 Korea, South 48,422,644
25 Ukraine 47,425,336
26 South Africa 44,344,136
27 Colombia 42,954,279
28 Burma 42,909,464
29 Spain 40,341,462
30 Sudan 40,187,486
Of course you see most of your major players in this thing right there in the top 30.

Indochina was invaded by China before in about 1980 and the Chinese got their butts kicked right back out of there. I don't think that Indochina is all that scared of China. With India onboard, I don't think they're scared one bit.

Japan and the Phillipines have too tense of a relationship with China to not side with India.

I disagree with the idea that Australia stays neutral. They've got a lot to lose.

Prolly right about OPEC wanting to be neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish_13
The scenerio is like one is forced to Join one group right
Yes. Unless the nation in question is unbelievably obvious that they'd stay out, everyone picks a side.
--
Boots
November 27th, 2004  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Mostly putting this forward because a.) Its a relatively equal matchup ... nobody but India could possibly match China in population resources to throw into a war ... nobody but China could match India, b.) those two nations are probably the most important in East Asia (if they aren't yet, they will be in time), c.) so that we can discuss who would ally with who in a very dynamic region of the planet and d.) India and China would probably see equal appeal for drawing allies to their cause, so we can see where the lines would be drawn.

The use of Nuclear Weapons drastically limits things, so I was thinking that we could take that limitation out of the equation. We're talking pure fantasy, not something that could happen in real life. Also, we're talking about some unforseeable circumstance that requires everyone to join -- unless they are extremely, extremely neutral. This is, once again, to see where the lines are drawn and who joins up with who.
November 28th, 2004  
MadeInChina
 
one note: try fighting in the hilmlayays, which is the only way from china to india through land if india does not invade indochina

and china did not get its ass kicked in 1979, the chinese made a planned retreat as to teach the viets a lesson, most ignorants took it as a military defeat
November 28th, 2004  
Big_Z
 
 
What was the lesson that was taught? Sorry I cant help myself.
November 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC88mm
one note: try fighting in the hilmlayays, which is the only way from china to india through land if india does not invade indochina

and china did not get its ass kicked in 1979, the chinese made a planned retreat as to teach the viets a lesson, most ignorants took it as a military defeat
Chinese media seems to believe that China won the Korean War when they didn't as well. According to the perspective sold to the Chinese people, they've never lost a war. Gimme a break! The problem going into Vietnam was the same problem that the USA and France encountered -- those people know how to fight in unorthodox ways that give conventional armies fits. As of 1979, they were better at it than they ever had been previously after having all those decades of practice with the USA and France. The results of a Chinese invasion should have been pretty easy to predict actually.

No "lesson" was taught and China embarrassed itself -- just like France and just like the USA.
November 28th, 2004  
Darcia
 
China would have a problem getting by the hilmlayays with soilders however if they could somehow take one of the border nations, or take Bangledash they could ship supplies in and fly supplies in this has worked before. So if China can hold bangledash they would have a strong chance.
November 28th, 2004  
Brotchador
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
However China has more man power than any nation in the world. around 1.2 Billion People.
India almost equals them, so I don't think anybody is going to be intimidated by China's population because its almost entirely offset by India's. Here's the info on world populations: http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbrank.pl

Quote:
Countries Ranked by Population:
1 China 1,306,313,812
2 India 1,080,264,388
3 United States 295,734,134
4 Indonesia 241,973,879
5 Brazil 186,112,794
6 Pakistan 162,419,946
7 Bangladesh 144,319,628
8 Russia 143,420,309
9 Nigeria 128,771,988
10 Japan 127,417,244
11 Mexico 106,202,903
12 Philippines 87,857,473
13 Vietnam 83,535,576
14 Germany 82,431,390
15 Egypt 77,505,756
16 Ethiopia 73,053,286
17 Turkey 69,660,559
18 Iran 68,017,860
19 Thailand 65,444,371
20 France 60,656,178
21 United Kingdom 60,441,457
22 Congo (Kinshasa) 60,085,004
23 Italy 58,103,033
24 Korea, South 48,422,644
25 Ukraine 47,425,336
26 South Africa 44,344,136
27 Colombia 42,954,279
28 Burma 42,909,464
29 Spain 40,341,462
30 Sudan 40,187,486
Of course you see most of your major players in this thing right there in the top 30.

Indochina was invaded by China before in about 1980 and the Chinese got their butts kicked right back out of there. I don't think that Indochina is all that scared of China. With India onboard, I don't think they're scared one bit.

Japan and the Phillipines have too tense of a relationship with China to not side with India.

I disagree with the idea that Australia stays neutral. They've got a lot to lose.

Prolly right about OPEC wanting to be neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish_13
The scenerio is like one is forced to Join one group right
Yes. Unless the nation in question is unbelievably obvious that they'd stay out, everyone picks a side.
The Philippines and Japan siding with India? that's impossible without America's blessing...
November 28th, 2004  
Darcia
 
America is Nuetral in this War, So I doubt Japan would side with Russia because of different Political Issues the two have.