East and Southeast Asia -- Everybody Takes Sides - Page 10

--
Boots

December 12th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The USA thought they had the Mississippi essentially under control, but -- I believe is was late 80's or early 90's -- floods hit that overwhelmed all the levies and canals that had been in place to stop it. Not as lethal as a Yellow River flood, but it proved once again, Mother Nature will have her way regardless of what we do.
December 12th, 2004  
Darcia

China doing this hydro electric plant is also going to flood alot of places such as citeas and ancient lands..
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

first, i dont think china lost the war with in korea or with india

winning a war or not is decided by wether a country achieved its stragtic objective,
china's objective in korea was to kick MacArthur back to 38th parrelle, china achieved it and U.S didn't achieve its goal to capture all korea, therefore, china won and U.S lost

and a guy said china invaded indonichia????????????? when???
i think that guy is nuts
--
Boots
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

indochina is vietnam, laos and so on, it was a invasion indeed, however sid it was not a gressive war
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

yea..but the objective is not to capture anythihng,,it is rather a diplomatic mission,,

and vietnaese army got their ass kicked in first sino-vietname war

then china and vietnam fight in Lao mountain in second war, the result is china captured that moutain and hold off vietnaese attacks since ever and killed so many vietnaese army
December 14th, 2004  
MadeInChina

since the 1979s the chinese army was strictly downsized and armed to the teeth, probaly why it was easier to beat viet attccks then, since the viets relied on human waves
December 14th, 2004  
Darcia

It is still the largest Military in all of Asia...
December 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
It is still the largest Military in all of Asia...
Largest military in the World actually -- that's purely numbers and nothing to do with quality of equipment, experience, etc. Those details are pretty subjective and I wouldn't bother with them.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

haha, true, we cant help it, young men needed the army to earn money and eat for 3 years, its also a good program, since if u say ur from the army u get a better job experience.

its down to 800,000 active troops now ppl, all A troops
December 15th, 2004  
DarkSmari

Japanese defence troops have more than 600,000, armed very well, could destroy china troop