Early marine basic

hopefulfuturemarine

I have heard of different branches of the military offering basic training/bootcamp to people at the age of 17, that way they can join the service immediately after highschool without going through basic/bootcamp. I was wondering if there is anyone who knows of anything the Marines might offer for someone not yet out of highschool.

Well if you get your parents signature and agree to lewt you go you can. Im in JROTC in high school and one of my classmates is leaving for basic this summer so when he comes back to school he will be in the Army. <-- Well thats what he says. I think you can go to basic when your 17 with parents permission and then go back finish school and then go on your way in the military. If this is true then I know what I'm doing next summer :D .

I heard that about the Army and Airforce boot camps, but I have heard nothing about the marines, which is the branch I hope to join. As a matter of fact, my cousin went through Army basic training before his senior year of highscool. That is why I am asking about marine basic.

03USMC said:
Only if you join the Reserves. Then you can split option.

you should for sure find a few reserve Marines before you commit to that and speak with them in length about the responsibilities and workload of a Reservist.

To have the Split Option- Recruit Training 1 Summer and MOS Training the Next. You must enlist in the Reserves.

You can join active duty at 17. This is an option for kids whose birthdays fall after their HS graduation date. IE you graduate in May, but your 18th birthday isn't until September. You'll need your parents signature to join.

As 03 has already said, if you want to take the split option route (finish bootcamp the summer prior to your senior year and MOS the summer after) you will have to join the Reserves.

Back