Early Graduation

Vitaly

The time has come to schedule my classes for next year and after a few meetings with my school guidance counselor the idea of early graduation has come up. As an over-simplification, Should I graduate early to go into the Army or should I take another "real" class (not Phys. Ed.) so I would be eligible to run track to get in running shape to go in the Army after graduation? The reason why track is important is because I can max on the other two events of the APFT and want to max on the running also.

i had the opportunity to be an early grad as well. i didnt do it because i didnt think leaving early was worth missing out on the graduation ceremony and prom.

Prom is ok, but it's not a really a factor for me. Plus even though the graduation ceremonies are fun, most of my friends are graduating this year. I guess for some reason I always hung-out with the grade ahead of me. So those two are really not part of my decision

man if i was smarter i would have gotten my GED junior year and been done with it. but then again, i would have missed out on senior year football. its different for everyone. if you can go through with it and not look back, then go for it. personally i wouldnt do it.

i had that option as well but i was quite happy that i stayed in school that last year, i got to wrestle that year as well as grad night and prom and just crossing the graduation stage infront of my family and friends. for me it was worht experiencing all that and then comparing that feeling to my boot camp grad. besides, senior year was my favorite, i actually had fun :)

I have the opportunity to graduate early too, but if I do I wouldn't be able to finish the wrestling season, and play badminton. We're allowed to go to prom though if we graduate early. That's weird that some of your schools don't allow that.

Stay in high school and enjoy it while it last, i have been in MEETINGS upon meetings with my guidance counselor and recruiter, and my recruiter even told me that promotion is not that big and to stay in school. Get the credits and finish up in the track. Don't rush into the fact that you want to graduate, because we all do. there's no point in doing it just to get of high school and join the ARMY. you can always go into the army when your done, you can't however go back and get that year of high school that you decided to fly by. I say slow down and take your time, be able to have your freedom for one last year, cause like my recruiter said onces your in your in for at least four years, us the freedom wisely.

He already made up his mind.....like months ago......I'm sure he will do fine, though. Some people are cut out to leave earlier then others, it's up to the person...

true...i really need to look at the dates of these postings lol its like the 2nd time ive done that. I'm still thinking about graduating early, I have alot of my college credits alreayd because im going to a 2 year college, junior college for some credits. but idk, i just don't want to be done iwht it and then miss it later on becuase i graduated too soon. I'll be in 11th next year only taking about 6 courses and 3 of them are gym,studyhall,and music....so i'll be pretty bored, maybe i should just get out early??? its always a tough decision for people to make. I hope whatever the desicion he made he feels it was the right one.

JC isn't any different from high school it's sad. Everyone acts like morons half the time...lol. I can't wait til I transfer....

whats even more said is im goin in 11th and im smarter then those who are in there last year of junior college....lol. but at least i get the credits out of the way, now when i actually go to a true 4 year college i get to take all the easy course lol.

I know what you mean. I have been taking classes at my local JC for a while now. Half the people think a C is a great grade! It's so nice to get the harder classes out of the way and be ahead of the game.

behemoth79 said:
i had the opportunity to be an early grad as well. i didnt do it because i didnt think leaving early was worth missing out on the graduation ceremony and prom.

True. You only get a few chances at prom and one in your life to walk across the high school stage. I wouldn't have missed those for anything.

im with you silent driller...it may not be a big deal now, but later on in life it will be. my grandfather missed his graduation to sign up for the draft and get out of highschool. he talks about wishing he graduated with his friends all the time.

Back