Dutch MP: Ban the Koran

phoenix80

Banned
Dutch MP Geert Wilders, whose hair is even more magnificently sculpted than the silky tresses of John Edwards, wants to ban the Koran.
The leader of the Netherlands’ right-wing Freedom Party, Geert Wilders, has called for a ban on the sale and distribution of the Qu’ran. He would also outlaw the book’s use in the mosque and at home. Mr Wilders says the Qu’ran (Koran) is a fascist book which promotes violence and is similar to Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf.

In a letter-to-the-editor in today’s de Volkskrant newspaper, Wilders argues that the Qu’ran should only be permitted for research at an academic level.

However, the MP - who is known for his controversial statements about Islam - says he knows his proposal doesn’t stand a chance of being approved by parliament. His Freedom Party has nine seats in the 150-seat Dutch lower house of parliament.

Geert Wilders says he wants his proposal to serve as a warning to radical Muslims who misuse the Qu’ran to justify the use of violence. His statement comes in response to the recent attacks on Ehsan Jami, founder of the Committee for Former Muslims. He says the perpetrators use the Qu’ran as an excuse for the attacks. Wilders writes that “The book incites hatred and killing and therefore has no place in our legal order.”

The jurist, commentator and co-member of the Committee for Former Muslims, Afshin Ellian also thinks that the Koran “possesses extremely violent passages with regard to women, Jews and non-believers”. However, he is against a ban. Mr Ellian says you should take measures against the people who abuse the Qu’ran, not the book itself:

“It’s a religious book which of course can be read and discussed. What we really should fight are the radical imams and mosques which use the Koran to spread hatred. We must take firmer measures against them.”

This guy has a death warrant for him some-where by the radical muslims

OKay, here we go

Outrage is going to fly, lads

Iran hits at move to ban Koran in Holland
[SIZE=-1]Business Day, South Africa - 19 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]AMSTERDAM — The Iranian embassy in The Hague yesterday condemned a proposal by Dutch politician Geert Wilders of the Freedom Party to ban the Koran. ...[/SIZE]

OKay, here we go

Outrage is going to fly, lads

is that really any surprise? how would anyone react to having their holy book banned?

it's a stupid, and pointlessly inflammatory statement for this rascist politician to grandstand off.

I have to agree with it somewhat because most of the Muslim nations ban the Catholic Bible. So I figure an eye for an eye.

Is it right, no... People should be able to read and follow their own religion without any fear. But sadly in today's society that in not the case.

I'm a fence sitter on this one. All I do know is that it's going to piss of the muslim community.

Also another issue that I have happened right here in the USA. A man was arrested and charged with a hate crime for putting the Koran in a toilet. He didn't target anyone, didn't harm anyone, etc.... The "victim" of the crime was a book. Not a person or business. Yet he was charged with a crime.

But I see Muslims all over the USA burn the American Flag, Burn the Bible, spit on the faith of Catholicism and Christianity. I see them target jews and insult them and nothing happens.

this double standard of crap has to stop. It seems that Sharia law is taking hold in the USA. Hell, German courts ruled that they must follow Sharia law.

I starting to get tired of this bull crap. Enough of the double standard!

Also another issue that I have happened right here in the USA. A man was arrested and charged with a hate crime for putting the Koran in a toilet.

An American Citizen was charged with a crime by taking a Koran he owned and tossing it in a Toilet which he also owned in the United States of America?... I've got to keep up with the News more, I missed that one.

But I see Muslims all over the USA burn the American Flag, Burn the Bible, spit on the faith of Catholicism and Christianity. I see them target jews and insult them and nothing happens.

I also missed all the mass Flag Burnings by Muslims in the United States of America..... along with the Burning of the Bible in the United States of America by Muslims.
Seems I would have caught something about that on the News.... seeing how there would have most likely been dead and injured Muslims laying aournd everywhere.

It's completely pointless. What does it prove? That you're more ignorant than they are?

I disagree with it being banned but the guy has a point: Europeans are getting fed up with the fact their old continent is getting weird on a daily basis. They're fed up with these migrants who dont share their values.

-You do? Maybe I missed it, I don't remember seeing anything like that on the news. I am sure when of the anto-Muslim channals like FOX would have at least mentioned it.

An American Citizen was charged with a crime by taking a Koran he owned and tossing it in a Toilet which he also owned in the United States of America?... I've got to keep up with the News more, I missed that one.

I also missed all the mass Flag Burnings by Muslims in the United States of America..... along with the Burning of the Bible in the United States of America by Muslims.
Seems I would have caught something about that on the News.... seeing how there would have most likely been dead and injured Muslims laying aournd everywhere.

Nope, you know that in today's society you can't take action against someone that is anything but white. Only white people are allowed to be attacked without any cause of fear from criminal charges. Go after a Hispanic, Muslim, Asian, etc.... and you'll be charged with hate crimes and battery charges.

The problem is people pull out the damn race card all the time as a protective shield against things that shouldn't even be a problem.
Two guys get into a fist fight, each as guilty as the other. Who wins? The one who isn't white. I'm not a white guy but this double standard sometimes does get to me as well. Then again, it's also not a lie that white people get a lot of privileges because they are white... though this is normally true OUTSIDE the US than inside. Inside the US it seems there seems to be a lot of disadvantages due to political correctness. However, it's a bit different outside. If you don't believe me, you should visit another country (Canada doesn't count haha) and don't just focus on how the locals treat you but see how the locals treat other tourists who aren't white. It's a bit different, especially when it comes to the local women. So there are two sides to this but yes it's stupid when the guys just got into a heated argument and all of a sudden it becomes a hate crime.
Either way that's besides the point.
The point is that why should we be so tolerant towards a religion infamous for it's lack of tolerance?
It's not just recent, it's very much historical too. Buddhism's cradle was in fact Northern India but Islam replaced it a long time ago. In fact, they did such a good job of replacing it that Buddhism has been extremely hard to find in Northern India for centuries.
I am also very much on the fence about this one.

Nope, you know that in today's society you can't take action against someone that is anything but white. Only white people are allowed to be attacked without any cause of fear from criminal charges. Go after a Hispanic, Muslim, Asian, etc.... and you'll be charged with hate crimes and battery charges.

You don't think that people would start the massive beat down of Muslims in the United States of America if they were setting U.S. Flags on fire en masse and buring the Bible likewise?.... hell, the KKK still gets Marching Permits in the Nation, and I'd think after seeing something like a bunch of Muslims buring Flags and Bibles that they would be working overtime trying to correct such a dastardly deed..... well, the KKK may become more upset if it was Bibles and the Battle Flag of the Confederacy.

As for myself, I know if I saw a bunch of Muslims Buring United States Flags because they may have Anti-American feelings while in the United States of America, I would become very upset, and view them as Terrorists who are Actively Engaged aginst the United States of America, and, I would hope the DoJ would view them the same way.

Thats probably because hate crimes against whites are so rare. I mean seriously, when was the last time you heard of white people be attacked within the USA because of race?

The fact is whites are the most powerful racial group in America. Guys on the top dont get persecuted by those on the bottom, its usually the other way around.

Thats probably because hate crimes against whites are so rare. I mean seriously, when was the last time you heard of white people be attacked within the USA because of race?

The fact is whites are the most powerful racial group in America. Guys on the top dont get persecuted by those on the bottom, its usually the other way around.

You don't hear about it because in this PC age that we live in today being white means that your attacker will not be charge with a hate crime. That is the double standard.

Flushing a Koran in a toilet.... HATE CRIME

Three Black people beating a white guy.... Battery Charge, maybe dropped down to a Aggravated Assault Charge.

Three White Guys beating a black guy..... Hate Crime, Aggravated Battery Charge, and something else just to make it look good for the media.

This is true.
You know what was funny though?
I tried to get a job as an ESL teacher in South Korea about a month ago. My English is flawless (it has to be, it's my first language), my Korean's pretty good now and I have even taught English to Koreans.
I even have a 4 year university degree from an American university.
But I was rejected.
The funny thing is though, a white guy from Canada, the US and sometimes even Sweden (???) can land a job teaching ESL in Korea and many of these have either barely made it out of high school and a substantial number don't even have a high school diploma. The screening is so loose that just last year one of the ESL teachers turned out to be an American fugitive who was guilty of murdering several children.
It's funny.
It seems like outside the U.S., white people have all the advantages.
But inside, it seems like the legal system is very much against them.
Funny little world isn't it?
The ***** interviewing me did not believe that my English was fluent. Now THAT is a joke.
The point: The opposite view isn't entirely false but in terms of the law, white people face a very tough process when it involves someone of an ethnic minority.

Last edited:

I'm white, and I spend my life between of the worlds largest cities (NYC and Paris). I have never been beaten for being white nor has anybody else I know. I have never been called a 'cracker' or a 'snowflake'. Chances are if it was as widespread as you claim I would have had *something* happen to be right now or someone I know.

On the otherhand, compare that to being a black person in America who faces racism by indirectly and directly.

Usually when whites are targeted by criminals of any race its because its thought that they have money.

I find that very hard to believe, mmarsh. I lived in NYC for all of 5 years and I got called cracker and all those other retarded insults by people of all colors. What was a I supposed to do? Call them what I knew they were? :) No, because then the law would be on their side.

Pittsburgh was even worse, because I lived in a poorer area than a I did in Brooklyn.

I think they need to take hate crimes out of the law completely, and make the punishments equal for all races. Why should you be punished more severely for hating the guy you beat the **** out of? Motivation doesn't matter, the crime does.

Edit: Also, it makes no sense to ban the Koran. That will just fire 'em up more. If they really want to make a difference, maybe they can prevent Muslims from entering the country by law.

This dutch MP has a death warrant some-where hidden for him like others who dared to speak against Islamofascists! Salman Rushdie, Ayan Hirsi Ali, Afshin Ellian, Danish cartoonists,.... etc

I have to agree with it somewhat because most of the Muslim nations ban the Catholic Bible. So I figure an eye for an eye.
quote]

So you're saying that two wrongs make a right...interesting I'll remember that next time.

Havn't you ever heard of being the bigger person, and not taking the cheap shot??

Banning the Koran will do nothing...it's useless because the religion is not the problem, it's the people who interpret it for their own evil uses

Back