Dutch MP: Ban the Koran

Think of the puritans in the 1700s, people thought that if you dressed in bright colors you were taking the devils hand or something because they took God's word and twisted it to their means

Damn mmarsh, have you lived in a pampered area your whole life. How about you head on down to City of Miami or maybe Liberty City. Homestead, Carol City, or Florida City too. Head to large communities that are black and see how far your white butt will get you.

Maybe Compton or Brownsville.

If you're a white Christian heterosexual male in America. You have no rights. You cannot qualify under affirmative action, ethnic scholarships, welfare, etc.... You cannot create a white version of B.E.T. You cannot go and call people "******" or "spic" without being called a racist. You cannot fly a confederate flag. You cannot celebrate your ethnic background, etc....

There is a double standard in today's society. I see black folks on TV making racist claims all the time. Saying the word "******", saying that the white man must be destroyed, etc.... Yet they get away with it because they're a minority. I see hispanics and latins making the same claims.... Yet they get away with it because they're minorities.

You forget, I am a minority. I'm a Hispanic American. So please don't make a future claim that I don't know what I'm talking about. I see it everyday....

I see those of my own ethic background talk behind my fellow co-workers back because they're white Americans. I see it happen from the other side all the time.

There is a double standard in today's society with this PC crap.

'Nuff Said.......

I have to agree with it somewhat because most of the Muslim nations ban the Catholic Bible. So I figure an eye for an eye.
quote]

So you're saying that two wrongs make a right...interesting I'll remember that next time.

Havn't you ever heard of being the bigger person, and not taking the cheap shot??

Banning the Koran will do nothing...it's useless because the religion is not the problem, it's the people who interpret it for their own evil uses

I believe in an eye for an eye. I have turned the other cheek enough times already.

I said I have to agree with it somewhat and that I'm a fence sitter on this subject....

I have to agree with it somewhat because most of the Muslim nations ban the Catholic Bible. So I figure an eye for an eye.

Is it right, no... People should be able to read and follow their own religion without any fear. But sadly in today's society that in not the case.

I'm a fence sitter on this one. All I do know is that it's going to piss of the muslim community.

So don't go miss quoting me.... Read my full post.

I believe in an eye for an eye. I have turned the other cheek enough times already.

I said I have to agree with it somewhat and that I'm a fence sitter on this subject....

So don't go miss quoting me.... Read my full post.

Just so you know I did read your full post :mrgreen: so don't assume.

Ok so you said that "people should be able to read and follow their own religion without any fear" so what will you be doing if you ban the Koran?

It's ok if you want to act like a three year old and say "he took my bible he took my bible" Im not saying it's not wrong, it's just wrong to do the same thing to him, sure it will be satisfying and you'll feel all mighty, but really it doesn't make things right, it just worsens them!

Like I said, you can be the bigger person here, or you can be a three year old who throws fits, take your choice!

The bigger person is usually the one who ends up lying face down in the dirt, in my experience.

Edit: Unless you were talking about physical size.

You mean like Harlem, East Brooklyn, or the South Bronx -yeah those are real pampered neighborhoods.

Please save the lectures for yourself. By your own admission, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are Hispanic, well, I am a member of that poor White, Male, Christian and Heterosexual class. I think that gives me a much better insight about 'being white' than you do. And yes when it comes to white people, you have no idea what you are talking about. Its just a load of crap to hear that White people are discriminated or are racially abused. White Males control every aspect of society in America, we don't need your sympathy, because we are already at the top.

You are also changing the subject from race crimes against whites to racial equality.

Affirmative Action. -Is to increase racial equlaity. Since I am White anyway, nobody is going to discriminate against me. Whites have so many advantages anyway it strikes me as fair (at least for awhile) that minorities get one too.

Racial Slurs. Do you really think White People don't say racist slurs behind the backs of Blacks or Latinos? I would wager that anti-black and anti-hispanic insults is far more common than anti-white insults.

Ever hear the term "White Mans Burden". The 'burden' refers to minorities such as yourself.

mmarsh - Affirmitive action does NOT increase racial equality, and it's pretty hilarious that you think it does in the first place. Let's discriminate to compensate for discrimination! Sure, that's really going to work. Pfft.

I'd also wager that blacks/hispanics/whatev use the same number of racial slurs, they're just allowed to say it to your face, as opposed to white people who have to call them names behind their backs (or in order to start a fight).

Also, would you like to try getting a job at Latino's Deli in my town? Maybe Latino's Laundromat? I wonder what would happen if you tried to open Caucasian's Deli.

Major

I'm sorry but that is exactly what it is for. To give blacks an equal standing in our society.

The fact is if a job, or a school, has two equally qualified applicants 1 black/1 white, the person to be selected will usually be the white one. We have made great strides in racial equality but our society is still somewhat prejudice. Affirmative Actions purpose to to correct that imbalance.

Affirmative Action is not discrimination, it does not disqualifying whites, its merely setting a minimum quota for other minorities so that they can be as competitive as whites. Therein lies the difference.

Is that fair? No. However the fact is that Whites have so many more advantages than Blacks in our society. The system is so unbalanced, that a program made to help blacks is not a terribly grievous thing. Believe me, its not easy being a black man in America. Just trying getting a job, a good school, any insurance, a loan, a house in good neighborhood, if you are a black man in the USA. Do you think that's fair? Thats real discrimination, thats also legal through about a thousand different legal loopholes.

The USSC has said (and I agree) concerning a challange made a Affirmative Action and the University of Michigan. The court ruled Affirmative Action is a unfortunate necesscity given US demographics. It is legal. However, it suggested that be ended in about 30 years when society has become more balanced.

Racial Slurs. I ask you how many times as a black person called you a honky or a cracker to your face? Not much, if ever, I'll wager. On the other hand trying going into BedFord-Sty or Howard Beach (Italian-American neighborhoods) in NYC as black man and I gaurentee you within 5 minutes you'll be back in the days of Jim Crow. In those areas, blacks have been killed just for walking in that area. -Thats no exaggeration.

5.56 mentioned Compton or other dangerous black neighborhoods. What he failed to mention was that Compton LA is just as dangerous for Blacks, Hispanics, or Asians, as it is for Whites. Its not anti-White, its anti-everybody. Its just not a very safe place in general.

I'll tell you something else, from a college friend who grew up in ghettos in Philly. In general, people don't mess with whites in those areas because it is likely to bring down a Police crackdown, which of course causes trouble to everybody in the whole neighborhood.

As for working in a Latino Deli? The reason you don't see whites working there is 1) those types of business are family owned. 2) because there isn't much demand for Whites to Work in Latino establishments. With low unemployment, why would anyone want to make trouble for themselves? Its far more common to see Latinos working in White neighborhoods than the reverse.

Oh and by the way, in both Harlem and even the South Bronx (near Yankee Stadium there are lots of White owned business. So you are wrong there. If fact Al Sharpton has often complained about not enough black owned businesses in Harlem.

But affirmitive action IS without any shadow of a doubt discrimination. I don't care if it's compensation for prejudice. Such a stupid policy will only lead to more prejudice.

How many times have I been called cracker, honkey, or whitey in my life? Too many to count. Maybe you don't oft mingle with other races, but I do.

Also, what exactly does USSC mean by "balanced" society? In 30 years we're more likely to be Los Estados Unidos than anything else.

Latino deli is not in a hispanic neighborhood. It's in the middle of town.

I guess I'm just tired of people saying I'm not allowed to be proud of being white, or return fire with racial slurs when they are used on me.

you're completely right, affirmative action IS discrimination...bit it's POSITIVE discrimination.

in a perfect world we wouldn't need it, but sacrifices have to be made if you want to correct...what? 500+ years of oppression?

also, no one is saying that you cant be proud of your ethnicity, but in the past (and on through to today) saying that you're proud of your race has just been used as a cover for people's in built fear of others. for example, those over at the stormfront race hate web site...none of them are racist, they're all just white nationalists who are proud of being white (not that im suggesting that you are one of those knuckle dragging throwbacks)

Last edited:
Affirmative Action is different that discrimination. Discrimination means you are turning an entire race of people away because of skin color (or whatever reason). Affirmative Action only limits the number of a certain group but it does totally bar the group from participated. You cannot discriminate against certain white people and not against others. Its all or nothing affair.

Major, I probably mingle more than you do being I live in (2 different cities) with a much larger racial demographics (I am talking millions of people) than your small town. But even if true, what was the effect? I wager nothing aside from hurt pride. Compare that to getting assaulted or even murdered because you walked into the wrong neighborhood. I think we have to accept the fact that other races have it much worse than us.

This notion that we are 'discriminated' against is very minor deal compared to some of the other minorities. As InfernO pointed out, the blacks in America have had a truly awful time, giving out a few carrots to them should not bother you, its peanuts. The fact remains that you will have a much easier time in American society. You will be able to live where you want, you'll find a job easier, banks will lend you money easier, the police wont harass you on sight, etc.

BTW, the USSC was referring to racial equality not demographics. Even if the Hispanics outnumber Whites that doesn't mean whites will be out of power. As long as whites control th economy they remain top dog.

I'll agree that we are made to feel unfairly guilty about the past (slavery). Personally, I think celebrating about a skin color is a particularly stupid idea. Personally I don't give a damn about my racial pride. The only reason I am glad to be white only is because life would likely be much more difficult if I was something else. Inferno is correct to say that those who have celebrated 'White Pride' have used that as an excuse for some of the worst violence in the Century. The Nazis, the KKK, Apartheid in South Africa, etc...

However if it makes you feel better I would point out that Columbus Day is celebration of European heritage.

Last edited:
you're completely right, affirmative action IS discrimination...bit it's POSITIVE discrimination.

in a perfect world we wouldn't need it, but sacrifices have to be made if you want to correct...what? 500+ years of oppression?

See this I don't agree with, discrimination is discrimination there is no positive with it and reversing roles doesn't make it suddenly acceptable.

I tend to agree with Monty on this*, discrimination is exactly that, and will ruffle someone's feathers somewhere. I feel that it is still possible to correct old wrongs by improving the lot of one group without necessarily putting others at a disadvantage.

*There's a first time for everything, eh Monty?

I tend to agree with Monty on this*, discrimination is exactly that, and will ruffle someone's feathers somewhere. I feel that it is still possible to correct old wrongs by improving the lot of one group without necessarily putting others at a disadvantage.

*There's a first time for everything, eh Monty?

Hehe these are indeed scary times.

:p

Back