The Dutch Boxer

Diemux

Just wanted to share this machine with you guys.

Some info:

Operational since: 2002
Crew: 3 + 8 troops
Weight: 25,2 Tonnes
Guns:
- Primary: Automatic grenade launcher (Heckler & Koch GMG, 40mm) or a MG3.
- Secondary: N/A
Armor: N/A
Engine: Diesel engine.
Top Speed: 103 Km/h
Range: 1100 Km/h

boxer%20(1)_t2.jpg

boxer%20(13)_t2.jpg

It certainly is a nice looking vehicle. I'm interested to see that it uses a 40mm AGL or a 7.62mm MG as it's main armament as it looks like it could handle a bigger weapon system to me (eg. 50 cal).

It certainly has an impressive range to it though, the benifits of a diesel engine though.

It certainly is a nice looking vehicle. I'm interested to see that it uses a 40mm AGL or a 7.62mm MG as it's main armament as it looks like it could handle a bigger weapon system to me (eg. 50 cal).

It certainly has an impressive range to it though, the benifits of a diesel engine though.

It's meant for scouting. But, I will have to check, it can carry a bigger weapon system.

The GTK BOXER

Its not only the "Dutch Boxer".
The German Bundeswehr will have this sweet baby too!!!!

The GTK Boxer is a Dutch/German or German/Dutch projekt.
Started as a projekt of Germany, France and the UK it ended up as a projekt of Germany and the Netherlands because France and the Uk left the projekt and the Netherlands joined it.

It is designed to carry out a variety of utility missions with maximum flexibility; this is achieved via several different "mission modules" specialized for various tasks which are available separately from the vehicle. The base vehicle is independent of the modules, and modules can be interchanged within an hour.
These are the mission modules that should be available for the Boxer:

Headquarters
Medical
Logistics
Battle Damage Repair
120mm Mortar
Ambulance
Armored Personnel Carrier

@ AussieNick: As far as I know the German Bundeswehr has no "standard" .50 MG. The only .50 machine gun we have are some Browning M2´s we bought to mount them on some ships of the German Navy that partrol the costs of Somalia as part of operation Endurring Freedom to have better protection against small boats that the terrorists use to attack.
The only .50 weapon we have as a "standard" is the G82 sniper rifle. The G82 is a version of the Barrett M82A1/M107.

Here are some more pictures:

transportpanzerboxer3nd9.jpg

transportpanzerboxer5vd9.jpg

transportpanzerboxer8vc2.jpg

transportpanzerboxer7oh6.jpg

transportpanzerboxer6df9.jpg

If there are any questions I will try my best to answer them.

Greetz
Joker

Last edited:
The Nederland Version

The Nederland Landmacht will get the GTK-Boxer with the Version :
"Führungsfahrzeug" / Command-Version. A testing vehicle was presented by the Nederland Landmacht by the OpenDay at Havelte 2006 .
LandmachtDagen2006Havelte056.jpg

LandmachtDagen2006Havelte054.jpg

all Pictures copyright !

It is probably the best looking of the 8x8s shown but it really does look a bit tight for room and it looks like a bastard to dismount in a hurry.

GTK-Boxer

Had anyone Informations , if Spain is interested at the GTK-Boxer ???
They have the another good 8x8 , the Piranha IIIC/H .

The MEDEVAC GTK-Boxer

The Nederland Landmacht had ordered a Medevac-Version of the GTK-Boxer. The Medevac-Modul was bigger than the normaly Transportversion. The car-basic-modul was idently . I see this testing-vehicle by the Landmachtdagen 2006 at Havelte , NL

Landmachtdagen2007WEZEPKompakt025.jpg

Landmachtdagen2007WEZEPKompakt024.jpg

Back