Dunno if I'll get moded for this but I gotta ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you haven't seen the stock market lately, or the GDP, or heard the opinions of the US from someone outside this country, or heard anything about foreign policy. Need I go on?

Yea I've seen the stock market, I had a 401k ( note HAD)

Here's what I see every day:
The govt reports its getting better, people are still losing jobs.
there's STILL a war in Iraq, which he campaigned he would end.
The Health care debate is a quagmire of senate and congress that falls apart on a daily basis.
Alternative energy sourced need a new National infrastructure, good for jobs, but wait, it costs too much to build it.
the rest of the world is starting to like us cause this president we have bows to their kings, and cares more about being liked by the people that want us dead than his own country.

Yes I AM ranting, Yes I AM very pissed off at the govt right now, wanan know why? Here's why, if everything's getting so much better then somebody please explain to me why i just found out yesterday that on Monday I get to fire my one and only help I have to do the jobs we do just because they can't afford to pay him, while tthe administrators get raises and the banks are giving their heads pay bonuses again.

Obama is doing a crap job, that seems pretty obvious.

Lots of foreigners still think he is awsome "Because he is black".

Robert Mugabe is black and look at that schmuck..

But Seno:

George Bush = Republic
Barak Obama = Liberal

Republicans are ALWAYS right! Thus, the liberals brought this crap onto us!

Same song, different verse, gentlemen. Barack Obama was labeled a failure before he even took the oath in a lot of people's minds.

Lots of foreigners still think he is awsome "Because he is black".
I must say I agree. I think that is a HUGE reason he got the presidency in the first place. It's like, "it's also racist to vote for a guy because he's black."

However... Everyone knew this was going to take quite a while; the "change." I think after two months people got tired of waiting. I am not a fan at all, but geez, I'd LIKE him to do a good job. Everyone should be wanting him to do a good job, we are living here. And we all knew it wasn't going to "change" in a couple of months. Even a year, come on, give him a break.

(Of course any support or hope I hold from him will go down the drain if he messes with the gun policies much. I don't want to end up like Canada).

And I do find it funny how he talks about this being the best country in the world...now lets change it!

BEING the best in the world and having the POTENTIAL to be the best in the world are two different things. We used to have the former, but now we have more of the latter.

I must say I agree. I think that is a HUGE reason he got the presidency in the first place. It's like, "it's also racist to vote for a guy because he's black."

However... Everyone knew this was going to take quite a while; the "change." I think after two months people got tired of waiting. I am not a fan at all, but geez, I'd LIKE him to do a good job. Everyone should be wanting him to do a good job, we are living here. And we all knew it wasn't going to "change" in a couple of months. Even a year, come on, give him a break.

(Of course any support or hope I hold from him will go down the drain if he messes with the gun policies much. I don't want to end up like Canada).

And I do find it funny how he talks about this being the best country in the world...now lets change it!

There is no comment more arrogent than Americans thinking they are superior to everyone else. American Exceptionalism means that we strive for perfection, not that we are perfect.

People should be wanting Obama to succeed, but the fact is there is half the country espicially on the right that are praying on their knees that he fails. Lest us not forget Rush's "I want him to fail" comment.

The fact is there are people who have the nerve to call themselves "Patriots" who would prefer the country crashes and burns just to avoid having to admit that they were wrong.

Zatasa-Arms

Obama is a Democrat, but he is NOT a liberal. If Obama were a Liberal we would be out of Iraq and Afghtanistan, Gitmo would be closed, Wall Street CEOs would be in Jail, and we would have a single-payer healthcare system. The reason Obama polls are in the can right now is because he for some inexplicable reason has decided to tack to the center-right, which has infuriated the liberal base. If he loses reelection it will be because the libs have abandoned him, they are already threatening a primary challenge.

Last edited:
People should be wanting Obama to succeed, but the fact is there is half the country espicially on the right that are praying on their knees that he fails. Lest us not forget Rush's "I want him to fail" comment.

The fact is there are people who have the nerve to call themselves "Patriots" who would prefer the country crashes and burns just to avoid having to admit that they were wrong.

Good point, many say he already failed because he couldn't repair the damage done by the previous government within a few weeks. But don't forget that he already repaired America's image abroad before he even was in office for a single day! And that wasn't an easy task...

But those same people who would rather watch the country they "love" crash and burn would also say "We shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, screw the rest of the world and anyone who thinks the USofA ain't the greatest GD country on the planet!"

In short, they think all Obama is doing is "appeasing" the rest of the world; conforming to peer pressure to make himself look good. The reality of the situation is that the United States needs the world, and the world needs the United States. It's a symbiotic relationship, but some people on this board apparently failed biology. ("You only want equal rights for homos, what about lesbians?")

But those same people who would rather watch the country they "love" crash and burn would also say "We shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, screw the rest of the world and anyone who thinks the USofA ain't the greatest GD country on the planet!"

For the Politically Correct crowd we must not think out loud the United States of America is the greatest country in the world. Just as Germans, French, or English people must not express that theirs is the "Greatest Country".:lol:
We all must appease the PC Gods.:pray:
Even though their is nothing wrong with believing you live in the best country in the world.

I have really not seen anyone on these forums abdicating isolationism as a US foreign policy, so it is obvious to me that the US should continue to work with foreign countries as it always has.

"Good point, many say he already failed because he couldn't repair the damage done by the previous government within a few weeks. But don't forget that he already repaired America's image abroad before he even was in office for a single day! And that wasn't an easy task..." quote Ted

Because foreign opinion of the US President was so low, it would not matter if we elected Hitler President, World opinion of the President(not necessarily the US) was going to improve.:cool:

President Obama and his foreign policy, or lack of it, does tend to show a weakness in that area.:(

Incidentally, I took a random sampling of one and found that 100%(Zero margin of error) of those polled think the US is the "Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread"! :rock:

P.S. I think the USofA is the Greatest GD Country on the planet.
Disclaimer: (This is the opinion of the author of this post and is not implied to be the position of the administration or staff of the International Military Forums).

In short, they think all Obama is doing is "appeasing" the rest of the world; conforming to peer pressure to make himself look good. The reality of the situation is that the United States needs the world, and the world needs the United States. It's a symbiotic relationship, but some people on this board apparently failed biology. ("You only want equal rights for homos, what about lesbians?")

I have two questions to the dolts that say "the USA is the greater in the world".

First Question: How were you able to do an accurate comparison? Have you actually lived in the other 194 countries in the world to make such a idiotic statement? Because unless you have spent a significant time in every single one to make a accurate assessment you are talking right out of your butt.

The Second Question would be: What is your unit of measure? What makes the USA the Greatest? Is it our Personal Liberties (because many countries are actually more "Free" than we are now. Or Perhaps its our "Great" Education system (which is a joke), or our economic system (read the news lately?) our system of government (notice there is no great rush not to copy it) or our Environmental record (laughable), highest standard of living (not even on the top ten), best military (not in its present condition). So on and so forth. Or you can look at it in reverse. Who has the Greatest number of people in jail, who is the greatest in starting the wrong wars in the wrong countries. Who is the greatest factor in the world economic collapse (the the evidence is pretty unanimous on that one).

Yet the self-promoting GOP sheep will bleat on about how "Great" we are (despite the evidence to the contrary) and then wonder why they have no friends in the world.

The right pretends not to care about the world opinion, but its an illusion. Wait until the GOP needs extra NATO troops for Afghanistan or an extra few billion from China to pay off the Billionaire taxcuts. Its at that moment they discover that in fact they DO care about the world a great deal and they are bewildered by the fact that nobody likes them.

We Americans are not "the greatest". This isn't football, as there is no such thing as the greatest country. What we do is strive for greatness in order to perfect ourselves.

Anybody who proclaims themselves greater than someone else (regardless of reason) is simply being an arrogant di*k.

Last edited:
I don't suppose that you even stopped to think that this global financial meltdown was bought about under the auspices of the previous government?

It may have started a decade ago after mass deregulation of certain industries by whoever...not pointing fingers cough cough Slick Willy.

Then it was abetted by both parties cause the fat cats were making money and were able to keep it inflated till recently.

Both sides are responsible but like it or not Obama now owns it by virtue of office and so far his fixes have sucked as bad as anyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back