Dumb State Laws

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
Everyone, share your state's stupid laws.

M I C H I G A N

You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan. (Repealed)

A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.

Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat's head brought into a town office.

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica][/FONT]Clawson, MI [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]

[/FONT]
There is a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]

[/FONT]Detroit, MI

Alligators may not be tied to fire hydrants.

It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose. According to history and animal husbandry, it prevents them from "rooting" in the ground for their food.

Willfully destroying your old radio is prohibited.

It is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday.

Grand Haven, MI [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]

[/FONT]
No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five- dollar fine for each offense.
[FONT=times new roman,helvetica][/FONT]Harper Woods, MI

It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.

Kalamazoo, MI

It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend.

Rochester, MI

All bathing suits must have been inspected by the head of police.

Soo, MI

Smoking while in bed is illegal.

Wayland, MI

Anyone can keep their cow on Main Street downtown at a cost of 3 cents per day.

I once heard that Cincinnati, OH still has a law on the books that you are not allowed to bathe between the months of October to May.

There's a law in Pocatello, Idaho (or maybe it was Idaho Falls....) that you can't give your girlfriend anything less than 2 pounds of chocolate as a gift. I kinda like that law. :D

In the Adelaide City Traffic and Parking By-laws, "In the event of there being no other lawfully designated place within a reasonable distance, a male driver or passenger may urinate against the offside rear wheel of his conveyance in a public roadway within the city of Adelaide.

This was printed in the advertiser a few years ago when there was a big "stinko" over Parking By-laws in Adelaide.

A law that dates from Henry VIII. All males in the kingdom aged 16 years or older must practice archery every sunday.

Back