Dumb Question

Stafford911

Banned
Here is a dumb question for everyone. What exactly does AWOl mean or stand for. I used to know it and cant remember now

But Sir... :?

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/acronym/a/00525.html

From this page you can browse the DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. The DOD Dictionary and the Joint Acronyms and Abbreviations master data base are managed by the Joint Doctrine Division, J-7, Joint Staff. All approved joint definitions are contained in Joint Publication 1-02, "DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. As amended through 09 June 2004.

?

FutureRANGER said:
But Sir... :?

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/acronym/a/00525.html

From this page you can browse the DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. The DOD Dictionary and the Joint Acronyms and Abbreviations master data base are managed by the Joint Doctrine Division, J-7, Joint Staff. All approved joint definitions are contained in Joint Publication 1-02, "DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. As amended through 09 June 2004.

?

:lol: I was picking on you two for nitpicking.

But seriously:

UCMJ - 886. Art. 86

It is actually Absence, the charge .. but the action would be absent.
Army Reg 630-10 (IIRC) uses both terms with that above intents.

IOW, you would be reported as absent without leave, and charged under Art. 86 Abscence Without Leave.

No matter how you choose to say it, always remember it's a no no. So tell that long haired blonde with four cases of beer in her trunk asking you to accompany here on a cross country trip to move out, you've got a job to do. :D

thanks guys, exept Flying Frog. Google sucks and im not gonna waste my time looking threw hundreds of pages that dont gaurentee a real answer when i can post here and get real answers from real marines and such

Now more stupid questions. I still cant tell the difference between SOF and SF. PLease if someone has deffinitions let me know.

Stafford911 said:
Now more stupid questions. I still cant tell the difference between SOF and SF. PLease if someone has deffinitions let me know.

Who's Who in US SOF

That will tell you a bit about the United States' Special Operations Forces.

For the US, SOF comprises of all Special Operations Units, from Navy SEALs to Air Force Combat Controllers. SF stands for Special Forces, which is the title of one of the Army's Special Operations "Units."

So, as SEAL is to Navy, Special Forces is to Army.

Stafford911 said:
thanks guys, exept Flying Frog.

Edited: Unecessary response. Question was asked, and answered - both of you need not engage the other in this topic unless you can be civil.

AWOL or UA in the Naval Services means one thing.

Top is gonna have yer as* fer breakfast! :shock:

[quote="godofthunder9010
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. <---- (This is a joke and needs to be taken as such.)[/quote]

This is not a joke - this is a lesson and it is stating that only stupid people refuse to ask about something they don't understand. They, as a result, tend not to learn and therefore, remain stupid. Simply put, never fail to ask, no matter how daft it may seem.

Back