Dumb Question - Page 2

--

September 11th, 2004  
Stafford911

thanks guys, exept Flying Frog. Google sucks and im not gonna waste my time looking threw hundreds of pages that dont gaurentee a real answer when i can post here and get real answers from real marines and such

Now more stupid questions. I still cant tell the difference between SOF and SF. PLease if someone has deffinitions let me know.
September 11th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford911
Now more stupid questions. I still cant tell the difference between SOF and SF. PLease if someone has deffinitions let me know.
Who's Who in US SOF

That will tell you a bit about the United States' Special Operations Forces.

For the US, SOF comprises of all Special Operations Units, from Navy SEALs to Air Force Combat Controllers. SF stands for Special Forces, which is the title of one of the Army's Special Operations "Units."

So, as SEAL is to Navy, Special Forces is to Army.
September 11th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

A question to go along here:

Aren't the SEALs all of the armed forces combined????
--
September 11th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbreeden
Aren't the SEALs all of the armed forces combined????
No. They're 100% Navy.
September 11th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford911
thanks guys, exept Flying Frog.
Edited: Unecessary response. Question was asked, and answered - both of you need not engage the other in this topic unless you can be civil.
September 11th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

A Marine Force Recon major in Vietnam once said "The only dumb question is that one that wasn't asked"
September 15th, 2004  
03USMC

AWOL or UA in the Naval Services means one thing.

Top is gonna have yer as* fer breakfast!
September 29th, 2004  
doddsy2978

Topic: Re: Dumb Question

[quote="godofthunder9010
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. <---- (This is a joke and needs to be taken as such.)[/quote]

This is not a joke - this is a lesson and it is stating that only stupid people refuse to ask about something they don't understand. They, as a result, tend not to learn and therefore, remain stupid. Simply put, never fail to ask, no matter how daft it may seem.