DT Channel "Army of One"

03USMC

Anybody watch the Discovery Times channel program "Army of One>" on Thursday?
It followed 3 recruits thru Basic and on to Duty Stations.

I was appalled at the attitude and bearing of the two males.Yet rather impressed by the female. To me it seemed the males felt the military owed them something for enlisting.

Well it's the attitude lately isn't it? Because the recruits are drying up people think they're doing a favor. General attitude of everything really. The whole "you are special" thing.

Doody said:
I don't have cable at the moment. Could you explain their attitudes a little more?

The one guy goes home on Christmas leave from Basic (I didn't know the Army did that.) Gets back and goes AWOL 3 weeks later because..."I ain't nobodies slave."

The second guy graduates gets sent to his unit (infantry) where he gets assigned to drive 6 by's. He immediatly starts the this isn't what I joined for mewling and whining. This is the same guy who wanted to go Ranger in Basic.
They (the two males) procede to blame the Army for all the bad things in their life.

I guess I may look at this completely different than they do as I knew the Military wasn't a cake walk. But it turned my stomach.

I wish I could have seen that program.

Those 2 "boys" have a lot to learn about the military. I never signed up to sir latrine barrels in Iraq, but I did it anyway. Doing things that you really don't like to do is a major character check. If you can show motivation and do those well, then you have proved something to your command.

Blaming all their problems on the military is just an excuse. Those problems are more or less a reflection of themselves. The military is what you make of it. To do good things in the military, you are going to have to do those good things. To have problems in the military means you, more or less, created those problems.

Adapt and overcome!!!!

Our society is raising our kids to be WIMPS!!!

I got the impression that the makers of this particular program were producing it as an antimilitary piece.

You'll get to see Discovery Times runs these things to death. They also have series Going to War about a Arkansas NG unit in Iraq. It also as a slightly left leaning stance when it comes to the " I didn't sign up for this." mantra.

because as you said they whine like a bunch of little girls, its just hilarious. But the best i have seen was, about the survival school for marines. It is in the mountains for 2 weeks and history channel had it

Back