Drum Corps, anyone?

rattler

havent found any drum and bugle corps stuff here at the forum, but as I find those equally entertaining and fascinating as dril corps/plns, here goes my favorite drum corps:

The Top Secret Drum Corps (Basle, Switzerland); they are for drum corps what the USMC Silent Drill Corps are for drills: Founded in 1990, they set the standard, both in precision as well as in their show layout, and this with between 15-20 new drummers and a new show every year...

3 takes over the last years, all from various Tattoos, the commentary only spoils a few secs and then keeps still (turn your volume up and submerge in their magic rhythms):

The 2003 Show:
Top Secret Drum Corps 2003

As incredible as it might sound, but they managed to top that performance with The 2006 Show:
Top Secret Drum Corps 2006

Last, the 2007 Show (from two angles, first is the overview from a 90 degree perspective to the main performance axis, the 2nd version shows it all up close and in the axis), a very diffrent approach, but - I had the chance to see them perform live with it - a real "thriller" (pun intended):

2007 Show at Berlin (turn volume down a bit)
Top Secret Drum Corps 2007 Show Wide Angle

2007 Show at Basle in the rain (turn volume back up)
Top Secret Drum Corps 2007 Show CloseUp

:bravo:

Rattler

Last edited:
EDITed the post above: Found a better vid for the 2006 show, no commentator and better camera work, especially in the fight scenes...

Enjoy!

Rattler

I love music, specially listening to drum line competitions. My kids are in military school and they are in the drum corps. They are very talented. We always look up for drum line videos and this one in particular, about the top secret drum corps was the best we ever saw...Amazing.!!!

Awesome.....................

Indeed, not bad for a part time army... :p

They used up/broke 22.000 drum sticks in 22 yrs...! :bang:

But, as you see you guys like that stuff, here what others do (excerpts and mostly amateur vids, sorry, did not find any pro stuff, same not for TSDC 2008, google it if you want), the main difference is that most of them do not move, but the sounds are allrite too.

The Norwegians Kings Guard Drum Corps:
Norwegian Kings Guard

The Dutch Pasveer Drum Corps (they have an excellent show also and are probably getting closests to TSDC, pity there is no professional vid of them out there, you would have to buy their DVD):
Pasveerkorps Eindhoven NL 2008

Back to the TSDC:

Here one of the rare videos where you can see them with their coaches rehearsing, (w/o uniforms, 2006 show), very different impression (these guys are younger than they seem on stage, unbelievable that in training so many sticks go flying and then on stage not...:

TSDC 2006 Show Rehearsal

Last, a very different camera work on the now familiar 2006 show - for me still the best overall due to the fast movements and regroupings - , from the Police Tatoo Zurich, while not always giving the big picture the cutter follows the rhythm and so creates his own work of art in showing the complexety and precision of the coreography and especially the flag work, making for new sights (e.g. from the vid in my original post I had never realized that in the end part nobody of the snarers was ever playing his own snare not once):

TSDC Police Tatoo Zurich 2006

Enjoy,

Rattler

(sorry, gotta bit carried away here...)

Last edited:
The Kings Guard from Norway were great last year when I went to the tattoo... always good to work with them.

Back