Drug use in the USA

LOL thats false huh? Are you serious, you've never even been on it so how can you say whats false and what is isnt? So you're saying that if I were stoned I'd be more prone to murder my family and jump off a building?

Answer me this though do you think that I'd be more likely to kill my parents jump off a building and do wild crazy stupid things all because I took a few bong hits?

Do you have proof of that Prefrontal cortex tidbit?

You are just giving me the same rhetoric over and over. I'm done with this discussion unless you can give me some hard scientific evidence that disproves the fact that marijuana alters judgement.

Ive already stated that marijuana alters your judgement. It just doesnt make you a bumbling fool. Aspirin, caffiene, nicotine, alcohol, and other various foods have psychoactive properties that affect your mind. And I havent seen you give me any hard evidence that it does. But the only hard evidence I can give you is that hemp is very nutricious. I just dont understand how something so non toxic thats been used for thousands of years is made to look so evil.

http://www.earthfriendlygoods.com/pages/NutritionalComposition.php

But I'm done with this discussion because its obvious neither of us are gonna change our minds. The only thing I can say is, is that people have been getting high since the beggining of civilization and will continue to do so until the end. End of story

Last edited:
FutureDevilDog said:
But you can still differentiate between right and wrong.
FutureDevilDog said:
Ive already stated that marijuana alters your judgement.
You contradict yourself. And if you think Marijuana doesn't have any side effects, you are wrong. Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. Not to mention the 400 known chemicals marijuana contains. It doesn't seem "non-toxic" at all.

Ya, it does affect your judgement, sure, but it doesnt completly take it away. Like you might not be able to judge how tall something is exactly by looking at it, but you'd know not to jump off of it because that would be stupid.

I wouldnt smoke anything non filtered I most of the time use a bong, in which the smoke is filtered through cool water which removes all carcinogens. And the main chemical, THC, is absorbed in under 5 seconds though people continue to hold in there hits for up to 1 mins because they think it gets them higher. And ya 2 bong hits 1-2 times a weak isnt gonna give you emphysema or cancer. Ya and most foods contain over 1000 chemicals, just because something has chemicals doesnt mean its bad.

And honestly you'd have to consume around 1500 pounds of marijuana in one sitting (more if you smoke it) to have a toxic reaction. Yet eating 8-10 potatoes is toxic.

Lol you're right, but are you comparing smoking marijuana to robbery? An heroin and cocaine to rape and murder? Doesnt make sense to me.

It does to me, and FutueDevilDog, I'm with The Cooler King on this one. From this rant it sounds to me like your trying to justify drug use to yourself.... not anyone else. Been on a bit of the green have you?

AussieNick said:
It does to me, and FutueDevilDog, I'm with The Cooler King on this one. From this rant it sounds to me like your trying to justify drug use to yourself.... not anyone else. Been on a bit of the green have you?
I'm trying to get him to understand that not everyone who smokes marijuana is a bumbling fool not capable of knowing their left from their right. And you know what as a matter of fact I have, thank you

Last edited:
Thats where I got all the info posted in the original post. Sure it can be addictive, if you're someone who is prone to get addicted to things. But not everyone that smokes gets addicted. You know what its the users choice to do it, but its not the governments job to save people from themselves.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Good debating, guys. I heard marijuania can killing the brain cells. I'm not sure if it is true.

Didn't we cover all of this? In short: one side argues that recreational use doesn't hurt, other side says; you'll hurt others.
One side says: legalize soft drugs... the other side says; it will lead to hard drugs abuse. In short; both parties talk totally different languages and nobody listens.

Back