Drug use in the USA

I have a similar story but was one of my best friends. Started smoking hash for the 'craic' to begin with, then decided maybe E's would be better craic. Took one too many. It's stupid kids that are making it acceptable to be sociable druggies. FDD you need to grow up and think before you post.
Bulldog I'm very sorry for your lost, its hard to lose someone in these circumstances. Prayers are with your family.

Thank you Irishone, the thoughts and prayers are greatly needed and appreciated. There are many people with this story but this is the first time it has really struck home as more than a number for me. My sister made some choices repeatedly in her life that led to this and she bares responsibility for it, but I also lay blame at the morons who sold the crap and all those who think its cool and "victimless". Bugger all of them.

FutureDevilDog said:
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. But I dont see how Klonopin, a benzodiazapine, relates to the discussion we are having right now about marijuana, a drug with no lethal dose.

Everything we ingest, smoke, or put into our bodies any way at all has a lethal limit. A human body is a metabolically balanced machine. Too much water will kill, too much food will kill, in concentrated amounts. Klonopin is great if your body chemistry is unbalanced. I've taken three milligrams/day for many years but because of a chemical imbalance, it makes me normal. One half milligram will make a person who doesn't need it high as a kite. If someone needs a drug to make them normal, that's why they are prescribed, otherwise, you don't need it, you want it.

Too much of anything is a bad thing. I'm sure none of us want to see peoples' lives lost or ruined by drugs, but is prohibition the answer? What of the responsible adults? Alcohol is legal, weed is less lethal and damaging and it is not.

P.S. Really sorry to hear about that, Bulldogg. I've had friends who have started with cocaine and LSD and never came back, though I won't pretend to understand what it's like to lose a sister to drugs.

Something interesting

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Marijuana__Pros_and_cons_a67_f0.html

A good place to start on the benifits of Marijuana.

If you notice it can cause a dilation of air sacs in the lung causing deeper respiration, this would be why they say it is good for people with asthma I’m assuming.

I knew an elderly man who smoked it but he called it "Rabbit Tobacco". And you're right it helped his asthma. Actually, the mast cells were opened at the bottom of the lungs where blood is oxygenated.

Back