DRUG TEST ?

WHAT ARE THE DRUGS THAT CAN DISQUALIFIED PEOPLE FROM JOINING IN ANY BRANCH ?

I KNOW FOR SURE THESE WILL:

Marijuana
Cocaine

Morphine
Codeine
Heroin

Steroids

ANY OTHERS ?

THANKS

Who cares? Just don't do any drugs and you're safe. And IF they test you and you get a positive result, you can always dispute it.

They pretty much test for anything and everything and they test alot once you are in. Steriods not so much, it wont really come up on a normal piss test, thats something blood work is more or less used for.
My last unit gave out tests once a month and my unit now does it every 3 months or so but it really all depends on the commander and if people are popping hot.

So dont plan on doing drugs when you are in because its just stupid and you will get caught.

It used to be piss hot once and you go to rehab. Now its piss hot once and your ass is finished.

Don't even bother trying to find out which drugs are tested for and which aren't. I don't know how the other branches work, but I took two piss tests within 48 hours, one at the recruiting office the night before leaving and one within three hours of arriving at RTC. That was may, since then I've taken five more drug tests, at NAS Meridian there were daily drug tests with 30 people selected at random, at my current command we do drug tests every drill weekend with roughly 20-30 people selected at random each weekend. Everybody's name is thrown into the computer to be chosen at random, even the CO.

Drugs are bad m'kay.

Don't fire up and you ain't gotta worry..

Jesus H. Christ......Really you had to ask this question? Why? so you know whats "OK"?

Come on 03, tell us the truth! Drugs are ok after all!

And anyone fool enough to use them has no business in the military. Do the drugs, get busted. Don't do ANY drugs and have a nice career. Wow. Tough decision....LOL!

The Military tests for ANY illegal drugs, get busted for drugs, and you will go through hell getting a new job after the discharge. And dont bother applying at my work either,they always ask my opinion about people they are thinking about hiring, and I have a 0% tolerance for illegal drugs.

Thanks yo everybodys comments, but the truth is that i dont do drugs. ha u bustas.
My friend is a pot-head and wants to join the army

Thanks yo everybodys comments, but the truth is that i dont do drugs. ha u bustas.
My friend is a pot-head and wants to join the army

Well then if your don;t do drugs and he is a pothead, then you can join the military and his chances are as good as a snowball in hell of getting in anything except jail.

I don't see what is so great about pot. Or any drug. Hell, my doctors tried giving me pain killers for my back, and the damn crap wouldn't work. The only pain killers that work for me aren't pain killers but anti-inflamitory meds.

I don't see what is so great about pot. Or any drug. Hell, my doctors tried giving me pain killers for my back, and the damn crap wouldn't work. The only pain killers that work for me aren't pain killers but anti-inflamitory meds.

According to the kids that smoke that crap its a pain killer and makes you mellow

Beer is better:)

It used to be piss hot once and you go to rehab. Now its piss hot once and your ass is finished.

Commanders are given a lot of leeway on this. If an NCO pop's hot. No questions, no justifications, no extenuating circumstances, you are gone. If you are lower enlisted (E1-E4) the commander can recommend keeping the solider. Lots of paperwork involved with this. I had a soldier who popped hot. After I read him the riot act and counseled him, I asked the commander to keep him. (Just a stupid kid move on his part). Still got busted to E2 and Flagged until his paperwork was approved. It was over a year ago and his paperwork is STILL going through the system. You really have to want them to stay. Otherwise the paperwork is not worth keeping them. Even to boost retention numbers.

My 2 cents

when i had to take the piss-test at my recruiting station all the recruiters thought it would be funny to scare the sh#t out of me and say that the lines ment i failed, he told me to stare at the lines untill they went away and thats when i called his bluff because i have never done drugs and am proud of it

I joined in 1980, up to that point in my life the hardest thing I ever put into my body was aspirin for a head ace, Sunday I will turn 47, and so far I HAVE NEVER, and WILL NEVER do drugs. I have no respect for anybody who does drugs either.
People who do drugs should NOT be allowed into the military, and if they fail a wiz quiz while on active duty they should be discharged asap, with a dishonorable discharge, I don't give a crap what medals they have.

sorry but thats just how I feel, I've personally had to deal with the end result of drugs Vs aircraft, and drugs vs combat, the two do NOT mix very well.

I joined in 1980, up to that point in my life the hardest thing I ever put into my body was aspirin for a head ace, Sunday I will turn 47, and so far I HAVE NEVER, and WILL NEVER do drugs. I have no respect for anybody who does drugs either.
People who do drugs should NOT be allowed into the military, and if they fail a wiz quiz while on active duty they should be discharged asap, with a dishonorable discharge, I don't give a crap what medals they have.

sorry but thats just how I feel, I've personally had to deal with the end result of drugs Vs aircraft, and drugs vs combat, the two do NOT mix very well.
+10! People stupid enough to do drugs oughta just go pop a cap in their heads. Air is valuable and I don't think they should be sharing ours.

:bravo:

Everybody knows the obvious stuff to not have in your system when you get tested...but be careful with your buddies prescription, perfectly-legal (for him anyways) stuff you pickup at the pharmacy. I worked the drug testing office before retiring last year & we had more people get in trouble for this than the typical positives most expect to get popped for. And if you are wondering how they would know, they WILL look at your medical record to see if you've been treated/prescribed whatever they found on the drug test.

Back