Drug legalization

What are its long-term effects?
Repeated use of Ecstasy ultimately may damage the cells that produce serotonin, which has an important role in the regulation of mood, appetite, pain, learning and memory. There already is research suggesting Ecstasy use can disrupt or interfere with memory."

This says it may damage, alcohol certainly damages.

This says it may damage, alcohol certainly damages.
[/I][/SIZE]
What's your point. You asked, "What is wrong with ecstasy?". You got your answer.

Are you suggesting a drug that may kill is OK, because we all ready have a legal drug that will kill. That is a poor reason to legalize it.

You could say that it would be good to legalize it because we could tax it high enough to cover the cost of the additional medical costs. If some people died it was their choice.
But we should allow it because we all ready allow a drug(alcohol) that kills. We might as well allow any drug that kills, as long as we collect enough taxes to cover the determintal effects to society..

no way..Ive seen what crystal and other narcotics can do to a person. It mind f***s them so badly. Its a dependant drug, thats why its illegal.. Ive known people that's been mugged because of some crack-head trying to get money for another fix, its not a pretty experience to come face to face with someone like that. The drug completely destroys your character, there is no longer anything called free will when it grabs you. Your body needs it like food and water, you feel like your dying without it- its horrific!

How could you possibly say its a victimless thing.? its horrible, its like alcohol is to alcoholics, they can no longer function and will do anything to get more. A few tax dollars is not worth our soul.

The only good thing that would come from it is a reduction in gang income, but they will only find other ways to manage- they will adapt eventually.

Here's some very good and very accurate videos on meth. I watched my sister get into this crap, starting with, of all things, cigarettes, when she was 9.

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/index.php

My mother kept giving in and giving in, letting my sister do the crap in front of her. That way, mom said, "she's safe". Safe. Yeah. Riiiiight! Now my sister is dying of Hep C. Congrats, "mommy"! LOL! :roll:

The addiction isn't worth it. I'll just look both ways twice before crossing the street.
Dude, you ain't been hit by a car before have you? Judge not, TOG, that ye be judged. And as you judge, someone's Chrysler may judge you again...

....and again

.....and again.

I'm for it I mean. Selling it on the street corner should still be illegal but I would say make it legal for doctors to give. Then doctors can warn the person who is getting it about the troubles and all that meaning the government can't be accused of not warning people enough. Also, a majority of people take drugs because they find it cool to be breaking the law. If you can buy them from a doctor because their legal then how cool does that look? Holland, I think it is, does it and they have less drugs crimes then in Britain!

I'm for it I mean. Selling it on the street corner should still be illegal but I would say make it legal for doctors to give. Then doctors can warn the person who is getting it about the troubles and all that meaning the government can't be accused of not warning people enough. Also, a majority of people take drugs because they find it cool to be breaking the law. If you can buy them from a doctor because their legal then how cool does that look? Holland, I think it is, does it and they have less drugs crimes then in Britain!

California has been trying that for a while..lots of corruption now because many of the doctors have become nothing more than pushers- handing out prescriptions for 'mental trauma' thats nearly anything including a headache, and 'depression'. I used to be for it medically before everything thats happened in California. I thought people dying or in severe pain could benefit from certain narcotics such as marijuana, it would be a taxable good and cheaper then the high-tech drugs that are legal. I cant think that way anymore, not after whats been happening in California, it seems everyday i get a new story about the corruption..just another idea that's good on paper but bad in use.

California has been trying that for a while..lots of corruption now because many of the doctors have become nothing more than pushers- handing out prescriptions for 'mental trauma' thats nearly anything including a headache, and 'depression'. I used to be for it medically before everything thats happened in California. I thought people dying or in severe pain could benefit from certain narcotics such as marijuana, it would be a taxable good and cheaper then the high-tech drugs that are legal. I cant think that way anymore, not after whats been happening in California, it seems everyday i get a new story about the corruption..just another idea that's good on paper but bad in use.

Oh my word! I have never known anything about this! Do you think you could find a news article or something?

Back