Drinking

Alcohol is wonderful. And remember, only quitters go to rehab. (j/k takes a lot to get clean. My dad was an alcoholic and went to AA and successfully became clean for many years! :D )

Everything's good in moderation, that includes alcohol. I've drank a little bit everyday since I was about 10. I've never been drunk which is kinda surprising....but yeah....alcohol is only bad for you when it's abused. When you drink in moderation it's actually very healthy for you

the_13th_redneck said:
apparently makes u hallucinate etc.
The last thing I want to be is in a public place completely defenseless.
this sounds like a chronic lack of information. it sounds like you have never had a drink before.go and have a drink (unless its against your religion or something) its best to do some things for yourself instead of relying on the advice of others. alcohol, when consumed sensibly is fine.
as for your friends dissappearing, if they are friends, they wont nick off on you. its not like when you have a drink you become completely oblivious to everything around you and you are almost incapacitated

Locke said:
the_13th_redneck said:
apparently makes u hallucinate etc.
The last thing I want to be is in a public place completely defenseless.
this sounds like a chronic lack of information. it sounds like you have never had a drink before.go and have a drink (unless its against your religion or something) its best to do some things for yourself instead of relying on the advice of others. alcohol, when consumed sensibly is fine.
as for your friends dissappearing, if they are friends, they wont nick off on you. its not like when you have a drink you become completely oblivious to everything around you and you are almost incapacitated

He was talking about absinthe.

Absinthe

"Absinthe in its modern-day incarnation may be hallucination-free because the levels of thujone, the active ingredient derived from dried wormwood, are far lower than they were a hundred years ago."

74 percent alcohol.

Absinthe is strong alcoholic liqueur made extracts of herbs, including wormwood. It's green color is due to the presence of chlorophyll and it tastes bitter.

The traditional method of diluting it used cold water which is poured over a perforated spoonful of sugar into a glass containing a shot of absinthe.

The drink then turns into an opaque white as the essential oils precipitate out of the alcoholic solution. Some people use it to stimulate creativity and to act as a curative and aphrodisiac.

U.S. Customs codes state "The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that contain an excess of artemisia absinthium is prohibited."

If absinthe does not contain artemisia absinthium, and there are several brands available, the product is fully legal in the US

Alcohol is deff fun. I'm buzzed right now. I mixed some Vodka with some Pepsi (it was all I had!!!) Its fun. KLike I posted earlier I get buzzed and not shit faced anymore. Its pleasent. Its a good loosener uppener. I've been feeling a little stressed the past few days, so I had myself a little drink. Everything good in moderation. I've learned this because as i said my dad was an alcoholic. Now I never saw himd runk around me. but I kne whe used to be. and that worried me. I said i would never drink. I had one bad experiance w/ alcohol and that was somethign I'd rather not go into. but i learned that it was my fault, adn exsessive alcohol was to a factor. i know that i am not an alcoholic like my dad because i MODERATE myself. As you drink you learn. I could have taken a shot tonight, but instead I mixed it with something so I wouldn't be AS buzzed. Its all good.

Re: ha ha ha ha

Anya1982 said:
try russian green vodka, now that stuufs like 100% alcohol!!

Failing that the scandenavien (or how ever spelt) absinth

About the Russian vodka....

There isn't any green vodka. The really high % alcohol vodka is called "samogonka" or moonshine in English. Its not hard to stay away from as long as you know what you are doing and have some common sense. I spent last summer in Moscow, and my buddies told me which was a "go" and which was a "no-go" so there weren't too many stories to tell in relation to drinking when I got back State-side.

mmmm Vodka...the sole reason for Russia's continued existance....well I guesse we need somebody to compete with in hockey too.

Best alchohol in the world is Belgian beer; especially Leffe...dear god that stuff is good.

Focus Fate said:
Alcohol is wonderful. And remember, only quitters go to rehab. (j/k takes a lot to get clean. My dad was an alcoholic and went to AA and successfully became clean for many years! :D )

One of my friend is somekind alcoholist. He loses his control easily and one night drinking becomes one week drinking pipe and that totally disables him from work. At least one bottle whiskey, vodka or else at least 40%Vol per day + other drinks. That kind multiple day pipes are taken once or couple of times in a month.

He is a great mathematician and virtual designer but drinking will the most propably make him to lose everything someday.

A little drink will do good
Too much is harmful... for the drinker and his family

It's hard to rid the drinking habit once a person gets addicted.
For those who don't drink.. alcohol is just a bitter liquid

yes

Green Vodka is illegal vodka, spent many times in Russia and the Russina Navy would tell us about this stuff and get us some.

Re: yes

Anya1982 said:
Green Vodka is illegal vodka, spent many times in Russia and the Russina Navy would tell us about this stuff and get us some.

Russian drinks may contain methanol instead of ethanol. Specially illegal "Wiipuri's dry white wine 98%" and any black market liquors in Russia can be what ever, but usually the most of russian drinks bought from official stores are clear.

"It's hard to rid the drinking habit once a person gets addicted. "

That friend's housemate has game addict. For last half year he has done nothing else than played netpoker in US servers, but has won enough money to play more and maintain himself by playing. Poker gambling has total control over his life. ;)

"Wiipuri's dry white wine 98"

Ahhhh, thats not wine, thats a chimical weapon...that crap can seriouslt hurt you...Alcohol is a poison after all, and one can only take it in certain concentrations. not 98%...

"Ahhhh, thats not wine, thats a chimical weapon...that crap can seriouslt hurt you...Alcohol is a poison after all, and one can only take it in certain concentrations. not 98%.."

I don't personally use to drink that stuff since it is unrealiable like almost everything russia related. However its cheap and works well when mixed with something else. I know someones who drink that clear ethanol without mixing, really burns throat and brings tears to eyes. :lol:

ha ha ha ha

Russian navy showed us the trick of the trade.

Eat a loaf of bread before going out drinking vodka!!

Okay so I lasted about an hour longer than I usually did. But man the Russians can drink!!

They invited us to sit and drink with them one day ( on a small russian military island, can't rem the name) anyways, I didn't know that you had to drink them drink for drink aand i eman DRINK FOR DRINK!! I was at the table with a fellow ship mate and the "jimmy"..........we wanted to go as we were all about to pass out, then the russians kicked off big style!! Well when a few mates from ship came back to get us they dragged us down stairs, but to our suprise we had been locked in the bar by the Russian navy.

In end we had to break the glass of door to get out and every one was ROB back to ship!!

Apparently its rude to leaqve the table when you have not finnished drinking with them.
That taught us a lesson!

Euro, I don't know what kind of programs you have over there but you must have something like AA (Alcoholics Anonomous) (spelling?). I would push your friend to go to one of these programs. The stories about Dad are enough to know that he was a GREAT guy when he was sober. We always had so much fun together when I'd visit him. It breaks my heart to know that him being an alcoholic led him to hit my mother a few times (This was before I was born) and that because of that ONE side of him that would come out when he drank, it kept me from growing up with a dad in my house and my mom from growing old with the Man she loved. The had plans to get married but my mom had to end it. I know that was a very hard discision. My dad went through AA successfully and did great. It wasn't untill I was MUCH older that I actually saw him with a beer while visiting him on weekends... but he'd STOP. He'd have A beer while watching a game, or while fixing grandpa's car. I never once saw him in an out of control way, spare his temper here and there but thats just how he was. I never saw him drunk. Sadly though... somewhere a long the line he ended up doing drugs. Heroine. And one day, he took a handful of his depression pills, took them, and went to sleep on the couch. He had commited suicide. My mom put it great one night, while in anger, "Your dad couldn't handle Life, himself, or me."

I EASILY link the drugs to the alcohol.

Being an alcoholic is a big problem. And it is one that requires help. Otherwise it becomes a snowball effect. Try and get your friend into a rehab program.

Re: ha ha ha ha

"Russian navy showed us the trick of the trade.

Eat a loaf of bread before going out drinking vodka!!"

Wow, The same trick wich drunks from the near park showed me when they tried to eliminate denaturation from window cleaner!

"They invited us to sit and drink with them one day ( on a small russian military island, can't rem the name) anyways, I didn't know that you had to drink them drink for drink aand i eman DRINK FOR DRINK!! I was at the table with a fellow ship mate and the "jimmy"..........we wanted to go as we were all about to pass out, then the russians kicked off big style!! Well when a few mates from ship came back to get us they dragged us down stairs, but to our suprise we had been locked in the bar by the Russian navy."

That is russian way to drink and they have nothing else than vodka in their country. If you start drinking with them, you have to drink to the bitter end. If you don't, you violate their traditions and they wonder that a lot, unless they have not locked doors to prevent you go ;)

That small island is Kronstadt. The main base of their baltic fleet.

Back