Drill Team

Our new cadet squad is really good. Potentially, they could win, so. There's like no chance we could win though. Kind of sucks. And if we win, then we've lost. Because then we'll be expected to win all the competionts all year, considering in on month of practicing we were good enough to beat ten schoosl who've practiced for 8 months. Lol.

Started second week of school. About 45 cadets. Precision Exhibition without arms(best in the nation), Male CG, Female CG, Regulation w/o arms, First year reg w/o arms.

I'm on the first year reg and hope to try out for the Exhibition team soon. They aren't letting any first years do exhibition till we can march nearly flawlessly and more as a team.

Well, it's November. On the 11th, we make our debut. Until that time, I will be sitting here shitting on myself. I'm sure you other commanders can understand why.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Our school has a color guard of 40 people!!! But all of them are s with green and yellow flags sadly :(

I think we have two types of color guard mixed up. An average military color guard has four to five people in it- not girls throwing flags and streamers all around.

Anyway, we're doing a drill performance on the 11th. We're this close to being ready*closes fingers together*

We just started our drill team because the expanded flagship exhinition now includes drill team so there's six of us who are on it.

silent driller said:
drilldownmaster2004 said:
Our school has a color guard of 40 people!!! But all of them are s with green and yellow flags sadly :(

I think we have two types of color guard mixed up. An average military color guard has four to five people in it- not s throwing flags and streamers all around.

Anyway, we're doing a drill performance on the 11th. We're this close to being ready*closes fingers together*

I know what you mean it was intended as a joke, guess it didn't work. Our Sq. has a COLOR GUARD of 4 peep's, 2 rifles and 2 flags

Yea, I think our drill team is going to be great this year! And for good reason, they have a great commander! :D I wish I could have stayed in it, but oh well, maybe next year.

I would guess it would all depend on what it says in your cadet corps drill manual or 201. If it doesnt say anything, I would take it up with the CO, but I doubt it would be allowed.

Yo, Listen Up

Man we have at 150 to 200 kids in our D-team and C-Guard yo it could be worse! And I AM :cen: :2guns: :x :evil: :rambo:

The first meet in Alaska is next Saturday, Dec, 4 at Lathrop High School in Fairbanks.

That means my team gets to take a little C-130 ride :D

Wish us luck.

haha, actually my unit is scheduled to fly on a C-130 out of the Marine detachment at Stewart Air base on Super Bowl Sunday. Our drill team practices every wednesday afternoon from 1425 to 1545 all year. Plus we also do 0600 practices on Mon, Wed, and Fri starting 2 weeks before the drill meets. I'm also starting an Armed Exhibition routine with Thursday afternoon practices and 0600 practices on Tues and Thurs mornings starting two weeks before the drill meets. Hopefully we can uphold our title as NY State Drill Champions, but I think the competition was cancelled for this year. *sigh* We've got 60 something cadets on the drill team, but we can only take 40 to each drill meet, and most of them dont know Armed, so our armed teams SUCK this year.

so far, my drill team's undefeated...

We just took 3 first place trophies today in Regulation unarmed, Colorguard, and Exhibition unarmed.

Our First year team was temporarily disbanded because of a formality involving Corps vs. drill team experience... pm me if you want me to explain it...

My drill team started the next season on the 11th April. We have about 50 cadets so far. We recently took third overall in the 1st MCD match.

Hi
Our Armed team started recently. Were already planning on going to nationals. I don't know if were ready, but i'm prepared to give my best.

Our SAI decided to take us to nationals so our national championship Color Guard can go to the Masters Level.

Now we have
Color Guard: regulation and inspection
Drill Team: inspection, regulation, platoon exhibition, squad exhibition, two dual exhibitions, and a solo exhibition

with only 18 cadets :shock:

If any of you go to nationals tell me.

Back