Drill

C/Capt.WH

Anyone in here on there high school drill team. If so have any of you tried Individual Armed Exhibition. If yes to both did any of you palce at a meet.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. But we may want to tread lightly here. I suspect that there are other topics related to this one already out there.

ya

hey i am on our unarmed drill team, our colorguard and our demil exhibition team. but i have never done individual exhibition drill, and i have never been to a meet where they have. . .but just to brag on our high school we have one of the best teams in the state of oklahoma and texas the other two schools that are better than us are southeast in OKC and John Jay in San Antonio

c/SSgt Wells
Union high school
A.F.J.R.O.T.C

:rambo: :D

Our team is currently ranked second in the state for armed standard drill. Note that this is among all Marine Corps teams in Virginia. We got beat(AGAIN!) by Quantico High School.

by the way yall if yall think i am being kind of a stuck up brat and bragging to much just let me know b/c i dont want to piss anyone off

c/SSgt Wells
union afjrotc

Yes, no and obviously no

We're the current state champions of NY, but that's probably only because the drill championships were cancelled this year and we won it last year. We actually jsut had a drill meet (championship meet no less) at Francis Louis HS in NYC. Those guys are outstanding. Took 1st in everything. Although, they are the north east regional champions.

I'm trying to start an exhibition team, but we've never done any kind of solo events, we do dual exhibition and have placed first with it everytime. I find that training an entire platoon to do it on the other hand...is frustratingly difficult. I also want to ***** slap my SAI because he wouldn't let us enter Armed Platoon Exhbition for the meet, and so we couldn't even compete for Armed overall. And we could have pretty much automatically placed because only 3 schools entered, and one just went out there and did an inspection in one rank with only one guy spinning throughout the entire routine.

ilovetheMARINECORPS said:
by the way yall if yall think i am being kind of a stuck up brat and bragging to much just let me know b/c i dont want to piss anyone off

c/SSgt Wells
union afjrotc

Are you crazy? Man, go ahead and brag! You're part of a MARINE JROTC! We are all behind you, buddy! Even though Quantico kicked our asses, I was glad to be beat by a MARINE team and not some other branch team.

I wish I was in a school that competed in the nationals, even statewide. But no, my drill team consists of the most unmotivated, lazy, piece of shit power-trippers you will ever find. What else can you expect from NYC. God, I can't wait to make CO...

I am trying to be on armed trick and everything else, but I have just recently joined drill. Today was only my second day with the rifles for Arm. Reg. This year we placed 3rd overall in the 1st MCD Match and we are going to nationals next year,as we did in 2000. ;)

Back