Drill Competition

master2001

On friday we leave to go to a drill comp and we're doing exhibition with only 7 guys. we're so doomed. What's the most embarrasing drill thing you've done ever

Not knowing my right and left pace,but I do know them it's just that when the platoon commander says left pace I screw up and do a right pace I was so embarrased :oops:,but I got over it. 8)

i once got stuck in command of the drill team f 4 a compatition and we didn't know we were going. what a cluster :cen: that was

hey

hey which drill competition are you going to.. I myself and my unit will be going to the mexico academy drill competition in NY...

Ill be in for unarmed basic(2nd squad leader)
senior unarmed basic -plus after this drill i will do unarmed basic for 2 squads.. idk what its called.
male colorguard(commander)

if your going to mexico i wish you the best of luck and ill see you there :)

C/PO2 - KHOUN

Can't say that I've had any truly embarrassing DC's, but there was one that we only had 13 people competing, and in order to have a real DT we need 15. Other squadrons were begging us to get 2 more people because even though we didn't have the numbers we needed, we still wiped the floor with our silent routine.

I cant say that I have ever had an embarassing moment.....maybe thats why i have the drill team comp. ribbon with 4 clusters on it...who knows...

uhhh, going to a drill competition, but 3 days before finding out all but 4 of our 15 guys were failing and we couldnt compete (i was one of the passing ones)

Oh man funny story about a DT member of ours. Ok so this guy is on our DT and he is a C/Captain, someone found out he was failing a class and he got demoted to C/SrA....funny stuff....i felt bad for the guy....but still laughed.

NCdt Steliga said:
That's not cool. Probably hurt the morale of the DT too, didn't it?

naw, the people who were failing "got strong" as mst gunny puts it
they had to run 3 laps around the entire school holding rifles above their head....starting during each passing period, now only 1 person is failing and hes working his ass off to get it to passing, and the drill team seems to have improved also...

most embarresing? well, I have a couple from the drill meet that we hosted 03 Dec.:drill:

~we were told to put together a unarmed exhibition squad routine at the last minute and had about 3 and a half hours to get it ready, practice it, and make it proficient. Surprisingly we won second place with a routine that was only 2 minutes long. We all messed up during it too. Thankfully there were only 3 teams competing.:thumb:

~second is unarmed platoon exhibition. We hadnt finished learing the routine becuase we had to trash the one we had. (our SMI didnt like it and all of the sudden decided to make us switch to the old routine.) We had about 4 minutes learned proficiently, but the routine is a 7 minute minimum. Our Commander actually called movements from inside the platoon while we were on the floor. It was hard to hear her becuase she didnt want the judges to hear so there were a lot of mistakes. But surprisingly we got first place for that routine!:rock:

Well, I just got finisished with practice and have to go pack my stuff up for first block at school. We start practice at 0500 and it is 0707 right now so I'll right again later.:cool:

going out on the floor with only a 2minute routine (should have been 7-9) and trying to perform it. we had to throw it together in only a couple of hours and had only perfected the first 2 minutes, so we reported out after that.

I've seen something like that happen at one of our Drill Competitions. Although it didn't happen with our Squadron (the winning Sqn, I might add), there was one that during practice that only had about a 2 minute routine (Air Cadet silent drill routines have to be around 4 minutes). Just to kill time during the actual competition, the staff told the team that after the 2 minute routine, to just break off, go in some random direction, march around for about 100 paces while doing some sort of drill movement and then come back. From the balcony where I was standing, it looked almost like an anthill that was just stepped on.

Back