"Dream Team" beaten by Argentina

america would have been way better bakc in the globe trotter days if they competed in the olpmics

For those of you very familier with the American sports media you may have already know, but Jason Whitlock, a writer with the Kansas City Star, is already blaming Americans for "wanting" the team to lose dou to the "race card" (IE. Allen Iverson bad representation of Americans, no white guys on team).

The way I see it is there is no more US dominance in the olympics when it comes to team sports like hockey, basketball and baseball. This can easily be shown with all the international athletes that come to the us and participate in the professional sports and then return home for the olympics. Is this fair, well I am not the judge of that but it does make for a more competive game then compared to the orginal "Dream Team".

This is just "icing" on the cake for me as I am sick and tired of the NBA and their "superstar" attitudes towards the game. I love TEAM USA in everything but when it comes to NBA players I couldn't be any happier to see them lose---not just once but THREE times in the Olympics.

Joe2 said:
This is just "icing" on the cake for me as I am sick and tired of the NBA and their "superstar" attitudes towards the game. I love TEAM USA in everything but when it comes to NBA players I couldn't be any happier to see them lose---not just once but THREE times in the Olympics.

Right on...I have grown to despise the NBA players over the years. They are just too full of themselves. I bet those guys thought gold was a sure thing. Maybe I should send the team a letter letting them know how happy I am that they lost. I think next summer olympics, college stars should play. They would better represtent the US.

The thing is, is that they are not the TRUE dream team. That was there problem. They thought that they were all hot stuff cause they made the U.S. Olympic team and could go in dominating everyone like Jordan, Barkley, and other players did back in the early 90's. They were overconfident and sad to say as an American, but got what they deserved. This team was composed of many young, wanna be hot shot players, and did not want to act as a team like the real Dream Team did.

Doody said:
Joe2 said:

Right on...I have grown to despise the NBA players over the years. They are just too full of themselves. I bet those guys thought gold was a sure thing. Maybe I should send the team a letter letting them know how happy I am that they lost. I think next summer olympics, college stars should play. They would better represtent the US.

I hear you both on that. I remember watching tapes of Larry Byrd's Celtics and really enjoying the game, but now I can't even watch half of one, and the college players are starting to get as bad as the pros. I wouldn't say that I wanted them to lose, though, I'd say that I just didn't give a flying......

This was unexpected how?

Ok most of the last Olympic team didn't want to play. PLus I always liked college athletes because they have more motivation.

KU Basketball 2005

Back