Dreadful Automobiles

The Other Guy

Spam King
What is the worst Car you 've ever owned, known someone who has owned, or have looked at? Just out of curiosity...

I know someone who owned a 1999 Ford Contour. For some reason it would just stop running for no reason at all, usually in the middle of an intersection...:sleep:

my friends 92 civic
horrible car...
could barely get to 70, AC didnt work, sometimes wouldnt start
had different colored doors until he had it painted...and the guy that painted it painted it the wrong color...it turned light blue...so we called it the Smurfmobile...
he sold it to this kid we all hate for $2000
:lol:

When I worked as a labourer, one of the trucks we used to use to take scrap metal to the smelters was a 50's era Dodge flat bed.
Took half an hour to warm up, no seat bealts and the doors flew open when you took a corner too sharpley, until I knew better, I thought everyone called it the Dodge because it was...well...dodgey.

A friend of mine had a 1977 Ford Transit, bright yellow. No seatbelts, rusthole in the floor and started once in a while. We used to drive to school in that car and during the wintertime we had to get up one hour earlier to make it start by large amounts of ignition gas.

He had sometimes to leave the car on idle during class if it rained and leave two or three times to check the heat indicator and give it a few pumps on the gas pedal :)

Last edited:
1975 el Camino that my friend drives to school- it's got water in the back seat, tailgate's rusted over, and it's in general disrepair.

The car that my ever-so-loving grandparents gave me and my sister when I was 15. Its a 1984 Chevy Caprice Classic sedan. Cream and rust colored. LOL Its also a diesel so it costs more to fix it than its worth. (Yes, I still own it. LOL) Its so big, I could put lights on it and use it as an aircraft carrier. Right now it decorates (and I use that term loosely) my parents' driveway. LOL

I had a 1972 Ford sedan and it would die while driving down the road. I figured out that the electronic ignition module would heat up and die until it cooled off, then it would run okay. I ripped out the ignition module and installed a distributer and coil that I got from a junked `71 which had points and a rotor in the cap. It ran perfect until I traded it off.

My grandfather had this 1975 Chrysler New Yorker, this thing was all red on the inside AND it was the size of a tank. No joke. We were given the car by him (he's still alive and kicking by the way) and we sold it. For a very crappy price. Blah. I was glad to see the ugly thing go.

Our back-up car is a terrible 1991 Dodge Colt that we got when our nice Suburban kicked the bucket last September (never got that back and the garage we had it at - closed and moved out of the country, without telling anyone. So it's at this towing place that would cost us at least check in - $1,200 to get out. This was in July, it's gone usp every day). But my dad shattered the back window, trying to get a paint sprayer in it. THEN the horn doesn't work and it's so tiny. Even though I'm 5' 4" ... I still like big vehicles, sure - I have to climb up and in but at least I feel as though I'm not sitting in the other person's lap.

1988 Mazda 626.... no heat, the windows refused to stay up, the inside door handle was broke, the stereo had been stolen not once...but twice! why someone would steal that p.o.s stereo is beyond me

I got me a '94 Nissan Sunny back home in England. 1.4 pet, indicators dont work hardly ever.

And out here at work we got a red Ford pickup, the drivers side inside handle doesnt work, and the passengers side did until I pulled it off. So if you ride shotgun and happen to lean on the lock you have to get out Dukes of Hazzard style. Fun fun.

My friend's '91 Honda got him a bench warrant for being so loud. If you went over 30 in a residential neighborhood, the cops would be called. Oh, and the radio was a gaping hole replaced by a Sirius satellite radio box hooked up to PC speakers taped to the dash. Also, the left turn signal had to be held down with some force to even work.

One of my other friends has a pretty nice stock Dakota Sport (he beat a rich kid in an Audi TT), but I almost died once when the rear door flew open on a sharp curve for no apparent reason. Good thing I have reflexes.

Back