DPRK Battle Plan

I don't believe North Korea would win, I just don't know if we would win either.

Reeeeeeelax my fine American friends. Take it from those who live closer to NK than the U S of A, just sit back and watch the NK regime collapse. I give it 10 more years max, probably less. Russia and East Germany were stronger militarily and economically than what NK is today although granted the opposition in NK is more muffled.

I don't believe North Korea would win, I just don't know if we would win either.

There is no way that the ROC and the US could hope to defeat the North Koreans. Even estiamtes by American experts hold that Seoul would fall in less than 3 weeks. The only thing that can be hoped for is an uneasy truce on both sides until the North Korean regime collapses or weakens incredibly.

There is no way that the ROC and the US could hope to defeat the North Koreans. Even estiamtes by American experts hold that Seoul would fall in less than 3 weeks. The only thing that can be hoped for is an uneasy truce on both sides until the North Korean regime collapses or weakens incredibly.

The United States Military has the Military capability to pretty much kill all Koreans, north and south.
So, there is a way, but as of right now there is no will for the United States Government to pull the trigger.

so basically by the looks of things, no one would want to use nukes because of all of those terrible side effects they talk about(korean peninsula rendered uninhabitable). so basically if there were to be an escalation in the situation, their would be a big, bloody fight, just like in 1950-1952, and then everyone would go back to twiddling their thums waiting for the DPRK to cave in on itself. i say don't worry about a military conflict, and that in at least a decade N. Korea will collapse, and then the problem will be who will try to fill the void the old government left?

What would stop the DPRK from "taking em with me" if they see they are about to collapse? If you have nothing to lose but have the world's fifth largest military what would you do? I'd go out with a bang... but then I'm a violent anti-social :cen: and Kim Jong Il is a sane balanced individual.

so basically by the looks of things, no one would want to use nukes because of all of those terrible side effects they talk about(korean peninsula rendered uninhabitable). so basically if there were to be an escalation in the situation, their would be a big, bloody fight, just like in 1950-1952, and then everyone would go back to twiddling their thums waiting for the DPRK to cave in on itself. i say don't worry about a military conflict, and that in at least a decade N. Korea will collapse, and then the problem will be who will try to fill the void the old government left?

Because sometimes a wounded animal is more dangerous.

North Korea has little to lose now, I wouid not want to find out what would happen when those in charge have nothing left to live for.

As for Nukes, I'm quite sure there are those in the US Command today who would not mind using Tac Nukes on North Korea, and last I heard the only thing North Korea would be able to put into the fight, if anything operational at all, were small Weapons, on the scale of Nuclear Weapons, which would still make them pretty large Battlefield Weapons.

Besides become KIA and on the way to becoming KIA in large number, like the Civilian Population of Seoul?

Be best to ask an Officer as they are taught things about Area command and the way things go down in such a scenario.
The way I see things is it would, for the South Koreans in the Capital, be a catastrophic event of biblical proportions once pandemonium engulfed the capital.
Troops in Theater not affected by the Chem/Bio attack would suit up to work in a Chem/Bio enviroment.
US Forces in South Korea would start a counter attack of North Korea conventionally, at all known Artillery/Rocket Batteries.
Seoul would be left to fend for herself.
National Command Authority in the United States would authorize the release of nuclear weapons.
Tactical Nuclear Weapons would be used on all known Nuke/Chem/Bio sites deep in North Korea, as well as all known North Korean Command and Contol Centers.

There are 1000 artillery pieces in firing range of Seoul right now and always are. The Koreans are literally living under the gun the only people I know of who lived in a similar situation were those who resided in Germany's Folder gap during the Cold War. They know if the merde hits the ventilateur they are dead whether its conventional, chemical, biological or nuclear. If the pennisula goes hot again its not just 37000 American troops the DPRK is facing but the ROK forces as well and those Americans are like the 82nd in late 1990, a tripwire to slow em down till the rest of the guests arrive at the party. There will be much mayhem. The zoomies on Guam get to come and the Marines sunning themselves in Okinawa have RSVP'd I'm quite sure. The Chinese have publicly declared their mutual defence pact with North Korea null and void so the DPRK is flying solo this go around. They'll throw everything they have at us, Japan and the whole of the southern pennisula because they cannot win but they can do massive damage on the way down.

North Korea can't win. It's just the insane amount of damage they can do that's the problem.
Seoul being held hostage is a major problem but good luck to the North Koreans after they flatten that, because on the counter attack after the North Korean army dissolves in South Korea (and there will be a counter attack, a massive one) North Korea will turn into a massive graveyard. Those South Korean soldiers and Marines going up north, more than half of those people would have either lost a family member or would have serious reason to believe they've lost a family member. If they threw chemical weapons at Seoul I wouldn't let any North Korean in my eyesight survive. Try telling us to not kill North Koreans and chances are you'll end up dead too.
If the North Koreans use nukes or other WMDs, the US gets the green light to use them as well. Whether you guys will use 'em I don't know but the thing is, it becomes an option.
Funny thing is people don't realize that South Korea is a pretty wealthy country with a decent military (except us Marines who don't get squat). Compared with the stuff the North Koreans got, our stuff is way better. The only reason why we even keep some of the older hardware around is because the North Koreans have even older and even crappier weapons at their disposal.
Remember guys, I actually serve here. :p

And the difference being those who run South Korea care about their Civlian Population a lot more than those who run North Korea care about the North Korean Civilian Population.

Well damn, if I was in South Korea I'd definitely invest in a gas mask and some protective gear. Maybe build a lil bomb shelter in the back packed with MREs.

Would you care to post the "American experts." The trip from the DMZ to Seoul is not necessarily a Yellow Brick Road. The biohazards and stench from the rotting bodies would probably be the main reason for evacuating Seoul.

Back