Downed pilot scenario

The key is to remain flexible and adjust with what your confronted with. To set out with a plan and not change with circumstances is idiotic. As I've said before, no single one answer is going to work for all persons/circumstances/scenarios.

It depends. If the enemies respect their prisoners, I'd get captured. If I had critical intelligence, or the enemy likes to torture and execute prisoners for propaganda value, that's different.

In that case I'd want a suicide bomb and a carbine so I could kill as many as possible (probably just one) before I die. Screw shooting myself in front of them - I bet it would piss them off a hell of a lot more if I shoot their squad leader in the face before exploding violently. The bomb would be handy if they surround me while I'm concealed and they don't know I'm there... one last bomb for the run.

All these people claiming to kill themselves, if you were actually in the situation, I would bet most likely you would not do so unless your trained to disregard your life beforehand. Again, if your going to get killed, why bother killing yourself? Kill as many of them as possible before they finally get you. I think killing some of their troops would make them much more angry than you killing yourself. You would kill yourself, and they would walk away saying, "stupid fudge." (Obviously, most likely a different f word).

All these people claiming to kill themselves, if you were actually in the situation, I would bet most likely you would not do so unless your trained to disregard your life beforehand. Again, if your going to get killed, why bother killing yourself? Kill as many of them as possible before they finally get you. I think killing some of their troops would make them much more angry than you killing yourself. You would kill yourself, and they would walk away saying, "stupid fudge." (Obviously, most likely a different f word).

Walk away with a dead squadmate and full of shrapnel? Your only chance for survival is a merciful enemy; if not I'd consider my life over the moment I ejected.

Yes it would suck if it went off at ejection, but there are tons of very stable explosives out there.

Or if a bag of explosives isn't practical, a single hand grenade can be. Just make sure the grenade takes you out as well or else you're going to wish it did.

Back