Douglas Wood released

Locke

Douglas Wood, who has been held captive in Iraq since May 2 has been freed in a military operation and is in the hands of the Australian Military Response team in Iraq.
wood, 63, is an American resident and was working in Iraq with John Watkinson.

lets hope they didn't leave many of the "Shura Council of Mujahideen" (group who kidnapped him) alive, we can do without them and i doubt they will be missed by anyone

According to the PM, He was relesed by Iraqi forces, But I reckon either our lot (SASR), the Americans or the Brits were involved.

yeah i just got that bit abt the iraqi forces.
kudos to them if it was them. you have to wonder though: how difficult an op was it? generally hostage rescue ops aren't easy and giving the job to the Iraqi army, who have been through a fair bit of late is a big call. wonder if it was a multinational exercise and they are giving the credit to the Iraqi army to increase thier rep and to get them a bit more respect.

Either way, how excellent is it! I thought that poor bloke was gonna end up like the rest of the people who have been captured. Heh, i bet he's gonna get a spot on all the current affairs shows and go on Oprah and reduce some stupid middle class women to tears with his story - hahaha, or he'll profess his love for Katie Holmes and jump around the place.

Man i'm happy that guy is free. Well done to whoever it was who got him out.

Rich.

So did we go in and get him or did they release him?

They released him. The SAS didn't go get him, but he was handed over to them by the terrorists. It is thanks to the appeals of the Aussie Sheik who went a pleaded for his life... he certainly would have been able to put doubt in the mind of the terrorists as to their goals and martyrdom.

Sheik Alhalali is his name isn't it? It's something like that anyway. I haven't watched any news in a couple of days so i don't remember the names of all the people.

Rich.

Back