Double Standards

Galaxy

It has now been announced that the person shot buy the Police at Stockwell was a tourist. The Police Commissioner has stated he regrets the mistake but in such times of these then accidents will happen, or words to this affect. Okay I have problem with this explanation, but what does bother me is the brazen double standards between the Police and the Army. At the moment there are six soldiers awaiting Court Martial for incidents that have lead to death of an Iraq civilian, one of them is Colonel Jorge Mendonca who was 60 miles away when this person died, so why not put the the Police Commissioner on trial for manslaughter. In another incident some years back a Paratrooper along with five other soldiers open fire on a car in Norther Ireland that failed to stop at the road block during the height of the troubles. It was found that they had shot and killed two young car thief's, and with out any forensic evidence one solider was was tried and was given life for manslaughter. During a further check on how the the empty bullet casing had fallen it was found that the person in Prison could not have fired those fatal shots any way.
Yet our local Police force carried out a raid on a local house and after breaking into the house they shot the naked occupant dead in bed, the Police Officer got away with it, in Court he claimed at the he was frighten.
Now why is it the police can do this sort thing [ and I can understand mistakes being made] and is let off yet in the Army you face the weight of the law for the slightest mistake

Would be nice if you put something a bit more then just quotes in your posts, haven't seen one post where you have put your own thoughts on the issue.

Back