Doom 3

Nefertiti

Anyone mess with Doom 3 yet?
The first previews/trailers looked good... but there doesn't seem to
be too much hype now that it's out.

Cindi

Going to buy it this week.

But I believe it's bit too powerhungry, so most normal home computers may not able to run it at all (maybe on the lowest settings..)

Anyone here tried it yet?
The screenshots looks real good..

Yep ive played it. It is extremely power hungry. I have a 2.3ghz athlon XP 1 gig of dual channel ddr ram at 400 mhz and a radeon 9800 pro and i ran it at 800/600 at highquality for smooth fps. I could run it at 1024 high but im very sensitive to fps and dont like it ever dropping under 30. It is a good game but not a GREAT game.

Just bought and installed it now..

WOW... :shock:

That is some scary stuff...... :firedevi:

But as you said, VERY powerhungry.
Running it at 800x600 myself. (Atlhon XP 2600, Radeon 9600)

Tried this mod?
http://ducttape.glenmurphy.com/
Ads a flashlight to yuor weapons, a bit easier (and fun) to play.. :)

Na never tried that mod. There is a little ATI hack that edits the pakfile and gives a big boost in performance. If ya want give me a pm and ill see what i can do to get your fps up. Btw if you bring down the console "ctrl+shift+~" i think, it might be ctrl+alt+~ and type "timedemo demo1" that gives you a timedemo which judges performance. I got a 30fps at 1024 high quality for a reference. Be a man go without the flashlight mod :)

my friend says it is a really fun game, his computer can run it at 60FPS, i am told that is really fast, i don't know too much about computers.

If he can run it at 60 fps he either has a x800 radeon or 6800 ultra [which cost $500+US] or has everything turned off including shadows. I mean 60 fps avg btw. If you can run doom3 at 60 fps avg at high quality that means you dropped 3-5k on a computer within the last 3 months.

Big_Z said:
type "timedemo demo1" that gives you a timedemo which judges performance. I got a 30fps at 1024 high quality for a reference. Be a man go without the flashlight mod :)

Got 31.7 fps on the time demo (1024 and high quality settings)
Overclocked the Radeon a bit and updated the drivers, so it runs quite smooth on 1024 high quality now.

The flashlight mod rocks, much cooler to play with that one.
I found the game a bit a annoying without it..

It's scary enough even with the flashlight.. :shock:

Haven't got far yet (4th autosave), but I'm already quite impressed by the atmosphere, sound and graphics..

There seemed like a million autosaves. The deeper you get into the game the better it starts to look. The last 5 autosaves look pretty incredible. It also seemed to run allot faster the last half of the game too. Also if some of the textures look downright awful try this command "lod_bias -2" It will sharpen some of the textures up. You can also turn af up to about 4 without any real drop in frames.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try those.

The autosave button is used constantly, at least every 1 minute..

I'm looking forward to see what the modding community can do with Doom 3...

Yeah, I stopped playing it a while ago, got a bit bored of killing the same zombies all the time..

well i loved the game. have any of you used the cheats?

in the console [ctrl alt `(the thing b4 the one on top)]

Http://www.consolecheatcodes.com/pc/doom3cheats.html

i like to mess with the save points and kill demons that can't see me and just start to freak out and run in circles. another cool thing is that if you turn on no clips and then go into a room you can see the demons waiting to jump on you or ready to grab you or something

check it out

:rambo: :twisted: :evil: :rambo: :lol: ;)

It has nice graphics though, but the graphics are not going to make up for the rest. Hence why I am getting Half-life 2.

Back