Don't understand united states

Tvoi-Vrag

Banned
Let me ask this... Why do you always either think USA is right no matter what it does or You think USA is wrong no matter what it does

Renegade said:
Let me ask this... Why do you always either think USA is right no matter what it does or You think USA is wrong no matter what it does

Because the world is split, and when one side (the antiamericans) get so paranoid in their conspiracy theories or cliches, the other side tries to defend as much as it can. At times I might be wrong myself. But they almost always are 8)

I hate to say it but I dont think the world is split. I think their is so much animousity in places like Asia, the ME, Africa, South America, Europe that the majority of the world thinks America is wrong no matter what it does.
Sometimes these fears are based on paranoia and jealousy but unfortunatly there are some situations where our policies, in particular our foreign and economic policies create hatred toward us.

This is unfortunate because it cancels out all the good we do.

Personally, I think America is neither always right nor always wrong. About somewhere in the middle. Right on some issues wrong on others.

its really hard to give an opinion being in america. however, from what i do hear from friends outside the country, its not about right and wrong. the action doesnt matter. its simply the fact that America is doing it. even if its a humanitarian act.

if america doesnt do anything its, "look the arrogant americans dont think (insert country) is worthy of their help"

if america sends money its, "look the arrogant americans are just throwing their money around showing off."

if america sends food its, "look the arrogant americans wont send their precious money"

if america does both its, "look at the arrogant americans thinking they're better than everyone else. they are showing off how much extra they have that they can just send food and money around like its nothing."

now im not saying that all those outside america think like this, far from it. sometimes i feel that no matter what we do, we cant win.

behemoth79 said:
its really hard to give an opinion being in america. however, from what i do hear from friends outside the country, its not about right and wrong. the action doesnt matter. its simply the fact that America is doing it. even if its a humanitarian act.

if america doesnt do anything its, "look the arrogant americans dont think (insert country) is worthy of their help"

if america sends money its, "look the arrogant americans are just throwing their money around showing off."

if america sends food its, "look the arrogant americans wont send their precious money"

if america does both its, "look at the arrogant americans thinking they're better than everyone else. they are showing off how much extra they have that they can just send food and money around like its nothing."

now im not saying that all those outside america think like this, far from it. sometimes i feel that no matter what we do, we cant win.

100 % correct.

Renegade said:
Mainly i'm talking about people in the US

We're trying to get them to leave everyday but they like it here too much. The USA may not be the best Country on Earth but it outshines the next best by any stretch.

Always - no matter what the issue - the loudest people are those at opposite poles. Those who are certain of one side and those certain of another. I think much of it is to convince themselves as much as anyone else. The vast majority of people are known as the silent majority. Not being especially driven one way or the other they say little if anything at all. This can unfortunately leave some people with the impression that there are only two ways to see things.

Nations being made up of people are, not surprisingly, alot like people in that few are totally good or totally evil. They exhibit many shades of grey most of the time. And just like people, even the best of nations can be wrong, even the worst be correct at times.

behemoth79 said:

i gotta say i agree with this...

some people get so angry with the US, couple that with believing pretty much anything (michael moore, wierdo's on the 'net etc) and you get angry mis-informed people. they are the single WORST people to debate with!

now i really like playing the devils advocate, wich means in conversation i take the position of defending US policy (lol....the oppisite of what i do on the board) and the one thing i keep striking is people seem to get being "anti-american" and "anti-bush" mixed up. also they don't usually take the time to try and understand US culture/history/mindset

Charge 7 said:
Always - no matter what the issue - the loudest people are those at opposite poles. Those who are certain of one side and those certain of another. I think much of it is to convince themselves as much as anyone else. The vast majority of people are known as the silent majority. Not being especially driven one way or the other they say little if anything at all. This can unfortunately leave some people with the impression that there are only two ways to see things.

Nations being made up of people are, not surprisingly, alot like people in that few are totally good or totally evil. They exhibit many shades of grey most of the time. And just like people, even the best of nations can be wrong, even the worst be correct at times.

What he said!!!!

I like to make this analogy when dealing with my troops when they get a bit belligerent towards superiors.

You do not have to respect the person, but you do have to respect the rank that person wears.

This analogy can be applied in part to this topic, I think, in that you do not have to like Mr Bush to like America, and you do not have to like America to like Mr Bush.

Ponder this if you will, (correct me please if I am wrong) almost all of the policy Mr Bush sets forth is agreed upon by congress. More often than not it has many changes made to it before it is agreed upon and made law or set into motion.

That being said, most of the policy decisions that seem to come from Mr Bush are actually coming from congress. Which as we know is a large body of people that have as many different views and opinions as there are seats.

Thoughts?

Marinerhodes said:
Most of the policy decisions that seem to come from Mr Bush are actually coming from congress. Which as we know is a large body of people that have as many different views and opinions as there are seats.

Right. That's true, specially abroad. It's very much the case of the budget cuts to LA Engineer Corps decided by Congress and for which everyone has been blaming W.

Renegade said:

actually many Americans do not think their country is doing the right thing, otherwise, it will always 100% support for a president or full house of a certain political party...

right or wrong is so abstract and way too simple to describe such a complicated structure -- U.S.

Italian Guy said:
behemoth79 said:

100 % correct.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't

Back