You Don't Know the Meaning of the Word "Pain"

Damien435

I am a Minnestota Twins fan, born and raised. The year of my birth, 1987, the Twins won the World Series, before my birth I was referred to as "Kurby" and there are several instances in photo albums where the phrase "Nancy (My mom's name) and Kurby (referring to the bulge in her stomach that I occupied)" appear. The month of June was a huge one for the Twins, who went 16-2 in interleague play, tying a record set by the Oakland A's back in 2002, Boston also went 16-2. The Twins have won 11 in a row and 19 of their last 21. Why is it that I might be so upset? I will tell you. Despite these excellent numbers the Twins only gained ONE game on the first place Tigers and they lost one game to the White Sox. The Mets have the best record in the National League at 48 and 34. The Twins have the third best record in the AL Central at 46 and 35. The third place Minnesota Twins are one and a half games behind the NL's best, and the only NL team with a better record than the Twins.

Earlier I mentioned interleague play, here's a brightspot, the AL finished +56 (154-98) with the AL Central finishing +35 (43-8). The NL was spanked this year and the AL central led the way with Boston picking up a healthy chunk of what was left over. As part of their recent winning trends, the Twins have swept the then division leading Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros with Clemens back on the mound. Not only do my Twins get snubbed in the standings, but also in the All-Star selection process. Liriano, 9-1 1.99 ERA. Doesn't make the All-Star squad. What's his name from Kansas City, 5-4 with an ERA over 5.5 and he makes the squad. Joe Mauer, leads the league in batting average with a 30 point lead over the next closest players (Nomar Garciaparra, who also didn't make the squad.) at .392 is the back-up catcher despite being the best hitter in baseball. Amazingly enough Johan Sanatana actually made the All-Star team, despite is excellent performance during the month of June, he probably should have been left out just to see who the fans would pick to place on the squad, Liriano or Santana.

So, to sum it up, my Twins, who have the fifth best record in baseball likely won't be playing in the post season despite having a better record than three division leaders and all but ONE NL team.:crybaby:

Well, I am not in the least bit ashamed to say that my Twins have forced me to eat my own words. Last night the Twins secured their place in the playoffs by beating Kansas City 8-1. The Twins can do no worse than get the Wild Card now but I will be at the dome on Saturday and Sunday when the Twins hopefully win the division by sweeping the Chi Sox.

Back