Don't be an idiot

Armyjaeger

Im not really sure which area to post this, I didn't wanted to post to the humour section because this story ends up pretty nasty but anyway.
While I was still a recruit in my early days of army service we were shown pictures of a blown up Rk62 assault rifle. The story behind those pictures is something like this: some time ago two guys decided to experiment with one our assault rifles, they took one cartridge, removed the bullet and gunpowder and left it with the fuse and put it into the chamber.
Then they filled the barrel with loose gunpowder and placed the bullet into the tip of the barrel then one of those guys says "let's see how it goes off"...well it did go off, literally blown to pieces :shock: If I remember this correctly the gunner lost three fingers, an eye and most his face was badly burned but in the process learned a valuable lesson. Don't be an idiot.
Im not sure if the story we were told is true but I saw those pictures. All armies have their idiots but how about yours :)

yeah, that's how you know a party is going to end in the ICU - "Hey Y'all check this out!"

BOOM!

We had an interesting story in Sa army as well.

2 tank crews camped out for the night. Everyone was sitting around, cleaning their FAL's, drinking and such (after dinner). One greeny grabbed his FAL after swearing up and down that it was safe and dry fired. It wasn't a dry fire. The round bounced off a tank wheel (must have been at an angle) and a piece of scrapnel flew into one of the driver's face. Everyone went into a flat panic, since their CO would tear them apart in the morning if the drive showed up all bloody and such. This left them no option - they had to sew him back up. So out came the needle and thread and the stitched him up. The cut was from his left eyebrow down the side of his face to his jaw....and they stitched all along this line.
When they woke up the following morning, they noticed that the driver only had a small cut where the scrapnel scrathed him on his brow....the rst of it was jut blood that ran down the side of his face...they had about 8 inches of stitches on his face! Needless to say, removing the stitches while sober was a bit more painful.

I got a funny joke about the US Marine Corps.

There was a new Marine MP on guard duty at the front gate and had orders not to let anyone without the DoD sticker on the windshield to enter the base. Well 2 men drove up without a sticker and the MP noticed that the driver was a 2nd Lt. and the Passenger was a General. The MP said that he had orders not to let them pass because they had no sticker. The General said he needed to desperatly see the XO of the base but the MP would not let him pass. The General then said the he didnt have time for this and told the driver to go by. the MP pulled out his pistol and said "Im new, so do I shoot you or the driver?''

Dont be stupid! (I have no bias towards the USMC)

PO3 Jackson
USNSCC

Oddly enough quite a few Senior Marine Officers, issue those orders then test them to see if they are being followed.

Like the Regimental Commander of 3rd Marines.
He gave an order on a field excercise that no one be allowed to pass into the Regt. TOC area without giving the counter sign.
At zero dark thirty he ambled up was challanged by the Lcpl standing post and responded " I don't know the counter sign. But I'm a Colonel so your lettin me pass."
The Lcpl responded in the negative and summoned assistance.

Said Lcpl was merit spot promoted to Cpl. about 5 minutes later. So just never know.

sweet, so you could get an easy promotion just for saying your gonna shoot them, kick @$$!!! :rambo:

Armyjaeger said:
Im not really sure which area to post this, I didn't wanted to post to the humour section because this story ends up pretty nasty but anyway.
While I was still a recruit in my early days of army service we were shown pictures of a blown up Rk62 assault rifle. The story behind those pictures is something like this: some time ago two guys decided to experiment with one our assault rifles, they took one cartridge, removed the bullet and gunpowder and left it with the fuse and put it into the chamber.
Then they filled the barrel with loose gunpowder and placed the bullet into the tip of the barrel then one of those guys says "let's see how it goes off"...well it did go off, literally blown to pieces :shock: If I remember this correctly the gunner lost three fingers, an eye and most his face was badly burned but in the process learned a valuable lesson. Don't be an idiot.
Im not sure if the story we were told is true but I saw those pictures. All armies have their idiots but how about yours :)

Where and when that happened? Some time ago someone idiot succeeded to shoot his own head with assault rifle when shooting standard marksmanship shootings at 150m laid positioned. Maybe he had a look into the barrel if the bullet was there and coming out but how he succeeded to do that when laid down :D

I don't remember where or when did the incident I told happened but I do remember those pics, that's something I won't forget.

Some time ago someone idiot succeeded to shoot his own head with assault rifle when shooting standard marksmanship shootings at 150m laid positioned. Maybe he had a look into the barrel if the bullet was there and coming out but how he succeeded to do that when laid down

laid down=prone position :) and WTF? shot himself in the head during the test now that's something to give credit for if only he lived to tell the tale.Oh man I could barely hit the entire target plate :lol:

Back