Don't feed the troll.

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
I think, since we've had some cases of trolls on the boards (fortunately a few), that RL could add this warning somewhere:

DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

Or maybe it's not the best idea. The boards is not doing too bad, after all.

ironhorseredleg said:
OK, define troll, please.

Scientific name: Blogus-trollus
Physical Characteristics: Since the common blog troll is a very elusive species and tends to emulate homo sapiens when confronted in Real Life (the habitat of homo sapiens) it has thus escaped proper description. It is said that its head is covered with green warts and its body largely resembles a cone.

Color: Yellow-green, orange, red, black, white, purple and variations there-of.

Habitat: The common blog troll can be found nosing around any weblog that allows the posting of comments.

Belongs to the common troll group.

The Common Blog Troll is a recently discovered species, most likely evolved from the Common Usenet Troll or perhaps its close cousin, the Common Forum Troll. Its primary source of nourishment is a response to its excrement, which is left in the form of a comment on any weblog which allows comments. Its best not to feed the troll, otherwise it might make itself at home and litter said blog with ever growing piles of excrement. Once the pest moves into a weblog the best way to eradicate it is by the use of "IP Ban" which comes free with many forms of weblog -- if yours does not possess such feature you can always enlist the help of a local system administrator.

It should be noted that even an IP ban is not entirely effective in removing the most persistent of trolls - as the more intelligent ones have the ability of using different IP addresses. In that case only vigillance, patience and time will get rid of the pest completely.

You can also check this out, a more formal definition of troll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Umm, ok. You know not reading too deeply into that description would allow just about any of us that aren't in the Top 20 posters on this forum to wonder if we meet the definition. I mean, one person's wise and insightful comments are another person's troll excrement.

Welp, I guess I'll have to pick up my post rate ;-)

Let's see, 200 a day times 3 weeks minus 9 days of rlwork. . . yep, that should get me there.

ironhorseredleg said:
Welp, I guess I'll have to pick up my post rate ;-)

Let's see, 200 a day times 3 weeks minus 9 days of rlwork. . . yep, that should get me there.

Oh you TROLL!! :x
;)

Back