Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy - Page 4




 
--
Boots
 
October 13th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
This is the part I feel strongly about. Gays will be able to be free and "open" yet a male/female will be forced to bunk with a gay male/female.

Not okay, IMHO.
Correct, and my apologies at having neglected to mention the case for our Service women. It is bad enough for them being preyed upon by the opposite sex without the added creepy thought of poofs into the bargain.
October 13th, 2009  
Lavite
 
 
"Yes, BUT men and women don't bunk together."

They sleep in around their vehicles in the field, so what's the difference? Many nations allow homosexuals to serve openly and haven't descended into tales of Sodom and Gomorrah. Canadian Chaplains have even preformed Gay weddings. Damn those Godless, Canucks!

A far bigger issue is the unavoidable romantic relationships that pop up when you mix men and women in the same units. Fraternization, adultery, and occasional pregnancy will test any unit's leadership.

If we can deal with that, then we can deal with a rather tiny insignificant subgroup of homosexuals in the force.
October 13th, 2009  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
Chances are if that person is as "respectful" as you think they are they wouldn't give someone the "if" to wonder.

I would be extremely uncomfortable if I knew someone I was bunking with was a lesbian. If I didn't know and they gave me no cause to wonder...then I suppose I wouldn't be uncomfortable would I?
There's a difference between hiding your sexuality and being respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
BS!!!
Says you... I know plenty of gay men who are better people than you, from what I can see on these forums at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
So you would call cops bigots because they don't like criminals? It's nothing to do with bigotry, rather just having the moral fortitude to acknowledge the truth.

As soon as you start using terms like bigotry, you know that you've lost the argument because it is a meaningless term. I don't like Broccoli, and I tell people about it. Just as I do this, that does not make me a bigot, just a man who knows what he likes. Your answer was the typical knee jerk reaction that people making an false argument give, when they hear the unpalatable truth.
Wrong. You do not have any personal experience being a homosexual, and I'd wager you don't spend much time around time, considering your ignorant viewpoint towards them, therefore you are acting out of bigotry.

You've tasted broccoli, you've not tasted homosexuality.

The truth is that they creep most people out.
--
Boots
October 13th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
There's a difference between hiding your sexuality and being respectful.

Says you... I know plenty of gay men who are better people than you, from what I can see on these forums at least.
There's my proof. You do not KNOW me, not here nor anywhere else, your opinions on this matter have shown yourself to be totally lacking in moral integrity, why should anyone have any regard for your judgement of my character?
Quote:
Wrong. You do not have any personal experience being a homosexual, and I'd wager you don't spend much time around time, considering your ignorant viewpoint towards them, therefore you are acting out of bigotry.

You've tasted broccoli, you've not tasted homosexuality.

The truth is that they creep most people out.
Well, I am at least pleased to see that you agree with my last statement.

Again your judgement is incorrect. I don't like paedophiles either, are you saying my opinion is wrong because I have never been a paedophile, or the victim thereof? Wake up! "Your slip is showing madam".

Your arguments such as that above, are all based on "politically correct" truisms. The only trouble being that they are not "true".

As I said earlier, "We have been through all of this before", and you know that your argument does not hold water, it is no more than a "politically correct" whim of your own undertaking.

People wonder why society is failing, the answer is through thinking such as you espouse here.
October 13th, 2009  
sky2979
 
 
Awwww, C'mon guys....let's all kiss and hug!!!!...group hug!!! lol....
October 13th, 2009  
pixiedustboo
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky2979
Awwww, C'mon guys....let's all kiss and hug!!!!...group hug!!! lol....
Are you coming on to me?

Rawwwr.
October 14th, 2009  
Rob Henderson
 
 
I dunno sky, Senojekips might get the wrong impression if someone of the same sex was to come at him for a hug.


Number one, Spike... You opinion on this matter is strictly that... An OPINION. It hold no more "water" than mine or anyone else's here. As you are an atheist, you don't even have the religion argument in your favor... My opinions on this matter have shown me to be one who believes that he is no better than anyone else... YOUR opinions, OTOH, have shown you to believe yourself somehow superior to another human being (which we ALL know is not the case).


Regardless of whether or not you APPROVE of homosexuality, you should at least have the common decency to respect other people's opinions... Just LIKE a conservative... If it doesn't fall into line with your views, then it's wrong. It can't be different... It's either wrong or right... You wonder why they're stereotyped as closed-minded......
October 14th, 2009  
pixiedustboo
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
I dunno sky, Senojekips might get the wrong impression if someone of the same sex was to come at him for a hug.
Maybe just if they rubbed on his leg...:O

Seriously though, if people want to **** the same sex, fine, but they don't need to have it tagged to their sleeve. The few gay people I know are extremely flamboyant about their lifestyles, and I don't agree with that.

Nor will I ever agree with a straight person being forced into quarters with a lesbian or gay if they are not comfortable with it.
October 14th, 2009  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Then you don't know very many gay people... The people you see on TV having sex in the streets do NOT represent the majority, pixie... That's always the case... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Those gays who are quiet but comfortable with their lifestyle don't normally flaunt their homosexuality.

As far as quarters goes... There is bound to be a few gay men in a barracks. I'd bet my car on it. They don't sleep TOGETHER, so there's no reason for any contact to be made... Just because a gay person is sleeping above you or below you doesn't mean they're posing some sort of sexual threat... Hell, in basic, you'll be too tired to care.
October 14th, 2009  
Big_Z
 
 
From the understanding I have of the military in the combat arms gays will never be accepted. Being anything other than "normal" will be provoked and tested on a minutely basis. The goal is to stomp out the weakness in somebody so you know they can be trusted. No policy or paperwork will change this in my eyes.
 


Similar Topics
'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy Revisited
Petraeus Promotion Ensures Future For Bush War Policy
Edelman Establishes New Policy Office, Implements Sweeping Changes
Architect Of 1980s CIA Campaign In Afghanistan Eyed For Key Policy Post
New policy enables automatic promotion to sergeant